Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2023, 09:08 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2023 20' Caravel
El Paso , Texas
Excited to join the community!

Hello everyone! The past few weeks have been a whirlwind. My wife and I were planning on getting a new Caravel 16rb and pulling it with a Ford Maverick. Better judgment prevailed thankfully. Last week I picked up a brand new GMC Canyon Denali and today we moved our deposit over to a brand new 2023 Caravel 20fb which we will pick up in Albuquerque from Dan at Airstream of New Mexico!

A little about us. I am a 38 year old engineer who spends a lot of time in the oil and gas fields of west Texas. My wife is 36 and works as an auditor for a Fortune 500 company. I am from east Texas near Tyler and she’s from the DFW area but we own a home out in El Paso. It’s perfectly centrally located for so many great adventures in the southwest. We will be taking the Airstream from Big Bend to Yellowstone and all in between.

We are super proud and excited to be joing the Airstream “cult”. More than likely we will be joining the New Mexico Airstream Club chapter of Airstream Club International as it’s the closest chapter to El Paso, Texas. We really want to get involved and do our part to learn and then help carry on the tradition when it becomes my generations turn to take over the reins. We want to be ambassadors for the brand and good stewards. Most importantly we want to meet great people and create lasting friendships!

We are beyond exciting to start this most amazing chapter of our lives and look forward to many many years of great memories and experiences and more importantly spending time with the best of friends!!!
AMeadEPTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 09:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Congrats on your Caravel. El Paso is the gateway to the west. You will have a lot of fun exploring. I’m very familiar with the Tyler area in East Texas. I like the pine forests. Good luck and have fun.
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 06:12 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Welcome from Colorado: I guess we are on the upper far east of the great south west. And welcome to the Airstream owner's community. You meet the nicest folks at an Airstream rally.

You saved yourselves a bunch of money by buying the right Airstream as your first Airstream. Many folks start small and then trade up to a larger model. The differential cost to do that is significant. Your new Caravel will last a very long time. Here is a photo of our 1969 Globetrotter 21'. 1969 was the first year of the new body style that is still basically the same shape as a 2023 Airstream. Why mess with a good thing.

Plan on flashing you headlights when you see another Airstream on the road. And plan in saying hello to other Airstream owners when at a campground. And yes, join the club and participate in some club events. It is great fun.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Body Street Front-800x600.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	432934  
WBCCI #8607 VAC Region 11
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote