Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

valletta , malta
customiser required

Hi Airstreamers,

I wonder if some of you might point me in the right direction. I am looking to buy a 28 foot International CCD Blue streak but I need some changes. Firstly it has to accomodate me my wife and two young sons (5 and 1 Years) along with our live in helper.

We dont need an 'Island' double bed in the rear and would rather have the whole area (from left to right) as a bed with storage underneath, that way we can put the cot on our bed and the 5yo can jump into bed with us in the morning.

Our helper needs her own room more than we need a dinette. I reckon that a bunk bed would fit in the space of the dinette. My boy can have the top bunk she the other. This area should be enclosed. We can always eat outside around the BBQ!

I will buy a used international and would then require an airstream restorer or some such to do the final touches.

Any help and suggestions most appreciated

Best regards

Philip
bronywolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Philip,

Colin Hyde of GSM Vehicles is in Plattsburg, NY.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #3
_

. , .
hi philip and welcome to the forums...

that's 3 adults and 2 children in a 28 footer?

tight, very tight.

is it gonna be parked or moving much?

adding the walls and other bits, for another enclosed space midship, will add significant weight to the unit...

yes there are folks who can do this work

but it might be easier just to buy the ONLY recent unit that comes with 2 enclosed/separate sleeping areas...

and really does have space potential for your possy...

the safari bunkhouse 30 footer...

just happens to be one up 4sale on ebay right now....

eBay Motors: 2005 Used 30 ft Safari Bunkhouse Airstream Trailer RV (item 120160862949 end time Sep-21-07 10:21:24 PDT)

and since it is in ohio, you could take it back to the factory for any additional tweaks needed.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip malta
Hi Airstreamers,

I wonder if some of you might point me in the right direction. I am looking to buy a 28 foot International CCD Blue streak but I need some changes. Firstly it has to accomodate me my wife and two young sons (5 and 1 Years) along with our live in helper.

We dont need an 'Island' double bed in the rear and would rather have the whole area (from left to right) as a bed with storage underneath, that way we can put the cot on our bed and the 5yo can jump into bed with us in the morning.

Our helper needs her own room more than we need a dinette. I reckon that a bunk bed would fit in the space of the dinette. My boy can have the top bunk she the other. This area should be enclosed. We can always eat outside around the BBQ!

I will buy a used international and would then require an airstream restorer or some such to do the final touches.

Any help and suggestions most appreciated

Best regards

Philip
You might give this place a call Timeless Travel Trailers - We remanufacture your vintage travel trailer.
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote