Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1976 23' Safari
Ponoka , Alberta
Coasters 2010

Howdy folks we are new airstream owners. We bought a 1976 safari from a nice couple from Oklahoma. We drove down to pick the trailer up with our 1957 Ford Monarch Interesting trip home. It didn't matter which way we pointed the car and trailer we seemed to have a headwind,hitch was not quit right we ran into snow in Saskatchewan And the over nite temp. dropped to -9C however did find out the heater will operate at least 9hrs. on the battery . Electric jack picked that very cold morning to stop working go figure thank god the trailer was nice and warm. We have had an opportunity to do some short trips and work some bugs out and we are doing a cross Canada tour this summer St Johns Nfl. to Victoria BC. 120 old cars 80 of them pulling old and some new trailers. Should be a fun trip. If any one is interested, on goggle search put in coasters 2010 you will see pics of all the cars and folks making the trip and route maps for each province, in the pics section our car is the first pic. We will be going down to New Mexico in 2011 we bought some land by Sumner lake and need a road built so I guess we will be boon docking next winter on our own property. Looking forward to meeting you all.....Bill & Phyl
bill & phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Welcome you two...What a great tow vehicle! Post some pictures when you thaw out.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Welcome aboard!!!

Great First Post...

PICTURES

'yer make'n me jealous, wish we could join up but I don't think "Bertha" could handle "Cloudsplitter"