Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2007, 04:26 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Colfax , California
clintn

Hi Everyone,
Well this is new. I'm not typically a joiner, but I'm happy to have fallen into the AS community. After years of satisfied travel in a Lance cabover, we realized we were reluctant to go because of fuel prices. I no longer need a large pickup for work, nor tow a boat anymore, and operating an F-350 dually as an everyday ride got out of hand. So, we went shopping for the smallest self contained trailer/tow vehicle that had a fixed bed and seperate dinette. I'm not interested in converting regularly. I couldn't quite stand up in a Casita, and couldn't stand the cheap feeling of mast of the boxy white trailers we found.
We'd never been in an Airstream, stopped when we saw one, and now it's in my driveway loaded for its maiden voyage this weekend. We'll shakedown our Bambi behind a new Tacoma which brought her home with a lot of peddal left and is a sight easier to park than the big red crew cab. We're thrilled.
We had some good times in the Lance and there are several things we liked better than our AS . . . but not the overall quality. This aluminum icon we now own is not only made well, its looks are endearing. We're glad to be aboard.
clintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Welcome to the forums! I also own a 19' Bambi and have been using it regularly since 2002. We recently returned from a two week vacation to Florida in the Bambi and love the small size. Our Bambi has a sofa in the front instead of the dinette which was our choice. We either eat outside or set-up a small table if we choose to eat inside. See you down the road!

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:39 AM   #3
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Greetings and welcome to the wonderful world of Airstreams and have a great trip. We had even more snow last night so we aren't going out anytime time too soon!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:46 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Welcome and enjoy your new obsession! Aluminum infects us all. Let us know how the 1st trip shakes out and don't be a stranger here on the forums. Oh yeah, we like pictures, lots of pictures. We want to see your new baby as well as hear about your trips. Happy Trails, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:08 AM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums, and congratulations on your new baby. Don't be a strangwer here. It's not like joining a regular club. At the Forums, you get all the benefits of a club with none of the responsibilities. You'll find all of the Airstream information that you want here. There are also numerous Forums Rallies for those times that you feel like meeting and greeting.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:15 AM   #6
1 Rivet Short

1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
Welcome Clntn, I have always been intrigued by TC's...may still get one some day...(too bad AS never made them...)

But we love our Excella, the quality is true to the core. It can be the last RV you ever buy...there is something to be said for that!
I agree, the AS community is awesome, all the support/advide you need. Great folks!

Bill
Old 03-20-2007, 10:18 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Desert Hot Springs , California
Two Peas in a pod

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintn
Hi Everyone,
I'm not typically a joiner, but I'm happy to have fallen into the AS community.

I couldn't quite stand up in a Casita, and couldn't stand the cheap feeling of mast of the boxy white trailers we found.

but not the overall quality. This aluminum icon we now own is not only made well, its looks are endearing. We're glad to be aboard.
Clintn,
WELCOME! We have had one of everything over the years. This time looked again at those white flimsy stick things-Trailers and Motorhomes as you did, didn't want to go back to the Greyhound bus thing. Bought a new Tahoe and then looked for an Airstream it could tow. Found One!
You will be very happy my AS friend.
John
skyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Welcome to the forums!
As you probably know already, this site is so helpful for questions, trailer problems, social interaction, etc.
BTW - my brother owns the Real Log home business there in Colfax next to Hwy 80.
Nice to have you here,
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:34 PM   #9
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Welcome to the Forums...I know you will enjoy it...

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Welcome!

Welcome to "club"... You'll never feel pressured to join anything here, though there are some rallies and events you might want to check out.. Primary purpose is low-intensity socializing and learning from those who've gone ahead..

We know several couples who've traveled extensively in same combo (Bambi/Tacoma) and done trips of 8 weeks or longer, including VA to Alaska and back over summer.. With some planning and a sense of humor, you should have a blast...

New members always get same coaching: practice using search tab, and consider local initial trip (like driveway or Auburn campgrounds..) for shakedown cruise, to discover what you forgot or need to prepare for...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
Tempe , Arizona
for ever young

we were tent campers... Mom decided that having facilities was a big deal. We got an Argosy. I just rebuilt the sewer gate valves on the unit this weekend. Every time I do something on the coach, I am pleased with the engineering and amazed with how everything still works after 30 years on the road.
look around as you travel and make note of how many of the SOBs you see on the road that are older than 10 years.... That is why we bought an AS

Charter Member Four Corners Unit

WBCCI #2417
flitzwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote