Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2021, 09:05 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Smile Buying an Airstream

After years of planning, my husband and I are buying a new Airstream Caravel 22FB this Fall. Beyond using it for camping trips, it will also serve as a 3rd bedroom. Several years ago we decided to go minimalist and now live in an 800 sq ft cabin. Our high school aged daughter lives in an adjacent smaller cabin. (We have 2 other daughters who are grown and out of the home.) We also have 2 medium sized dogs. Once the youngest graduates from high school we plan on doing a fair amount of traveling across the county and plan to boondock quite a bit. We are also purchasing a Ford F150 as our towing vehicle. We are experienced tent campers but have never owned a trailer before. We have a lot to learn and I am sure we will be posting a lot of questions to the Forum.
pjjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:12 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Congratulations neighbor! Welcome to AirForums!I hope \you get as much enjoyment out of yours as we do ours. We have a very active Airstream Community here in Colorado - be sure to check out the Airstream Club once you get your trailer (or before!). The members are a wealth of experience & helpful advice.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Another hearty welcome from a Coloradoan down the road from you folks. Congratulation on your decision. Your Airstream will be a very comfortable third bedroom I'm sure. Our family has used the Airstream as a guest house some years ago back in Minnesota.

Yes, there is a lot to learn, but learning it is fun and rewarding. Most everyone gets along quite well towing an Airstream. If I can, you can too. Dry camping, or boondocking as it were, is what Airstreams were made for. One of the first truly "self contained" trailers that provided lights, water, heat, stove, fridge, bathroom and bed wherever you go. Quite nice actually. Good battery power is needed, and maybe a little solar panel to charge the batteries would be helpful.

David
WBCCI #8607 VAC Region 11
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote