Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-26-2007, 11:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Bighowdy from a newbie AS owner in Texas

Well I just acquired a 1967 Overlander (International Land Yacht from the external badging) in pretty original/older restored condition. Looking forward to getting advice from all you experienced AS owners here on the forum. I have been lurking for a few months in advance of finding my first AS.See y'all around the forums.Ronnie
bighowdytex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:42 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Welcome to the forums Tex!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:34 AM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
1965 20' Globetrotter
Stephenville , Texas
Ronnie: Welcome to the Forums and Airstreaming from a fellow Texan. Give us a shout if you're ever up in our neck of the woods or give us a call if you ever want to just talk 'Streamin.

Another excellent opportunity for obtaining information about older Airstreams can be had at the upcoming 2nd Annual Texas Vintage Rally in early February. We took our Vintage Airstream Motorhome to the Rally last year and received so much helpful input from experienced restorers and were able to see many different Vintage Airstreams in all stages of restoration. You'll be able to see for yourself the results of someone else's research and workmanship and maybe get some ideas for your project. We were made to feel very welcome - even with our limited knowledge of Airstreams.

We're glad to have you here and look forward to seeing pictures of your newly acquired baby and the progess/improvements you make.
Jimarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Welcome

Welcome Ronnie!

And yet another opportunity to connect with Texas Airstream owners this January!
See: http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...-18;&e=393&c=1

M
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Thumbs up

Ronnie,

Happy to see another '67 owner. Please let us know about your plans for the trailer and post some pictures when you get a chance.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:36 PM   #7
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
New Airstreamer in Austin

Welcome.
I am in Austin till 11Mar08, sogive me a e-mail if you need help and I will introduce you too the best group in TX and the best dealer in the US.

Gunny
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:07 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have gotten invaluable info from the guys over in the repair forums already.

I am working on getting the "Leaky Tiki" as I am named the AS this week (due to a plumbing leak that almost "sank" the AS right after I took delivery), ready for the Texas Vintage Rally in February. I am doing a modest rehab and redeocorating job with a rat rod/tiki style interior and exterior. I am hanging window-sized bamboo fencing between the window glass and screens for a privacy screen and making interior drapes from burlap coffee bags. I am making a cover for the existing front sofa from several Mexican blankets sown together. I have a bamboo rug for the salon area and may, if time permits, do a temporary and non-permanent recover of the kitchen countertops and the overhead cabinets with remnants of bamboo rugs.

The exterior decor will feature a palm thatch overlay on the existing zip dee awning as well as a palm thatch and bamboo frame awning treatment on the front and rear windows. I have acquired a rear spare tire mount with a van like continental spare (but I probally won't use it for over the road carriage of the spare due to the extra weight on the rear). It will be more of a decorative item when parked. My current design for the surface of the spare tire carrier will be some script saying "I've Been Everywhere!" and with some full color replicas of 50's and 60's vintage travel decals....either that or a NASA meatball with "Rocket Scientist On Board!". I am making some brackets for the curb side of the "LT" on which I will mount a 60's vintage surfboard to serve as a shelf on which I can put a small aluminum beer keg style propane grill. And of course who can forget the tiki bar. I have a 6 foot long vintage style bamboo tiki bar that breaks down and stores in the trailer when enroute and 4 stools.
I am the search for a vintage 60's station wagon or better yet a 60's pickup to carry my motorcycle and tow the trailer on a Route 66 trip this summer. I will post some pics when I can.
Ronnie
bighowdytex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:41 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
From what I see.....

I like this guy! Great plans and Airstream (66, 67, 68.) Flamingos will fit the Tiki theme too.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote