Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #1

Eugene , Oregon
Another New Member

Hi all...I just inherited a 16 ft Bambi and don't have a clue what I am doing. Thought I'd start by calling the local dealer and asking them to "educate me" on the trailer and the equipment related to it. Any thoughts...b/t/w, I am interested in nature photography as you might note from my user name...B
PhotoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Welcome!

Welcome from the Atlantic coast.

What year is your Bambi? Pictures? Serial number. More information will help others help you. Use the "Search" function here - pick a topic like "draining water heater". etc.

You'll enjoy meeting other members so you might want to start a thread with a title like "Eugene OR - neighbors?" You'll probably find several people within 50 miles of your front door.

Good luck and see you down the road.

Paula
Old 03-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
wow, how lucky you are! you will find answers here to most of the questions you have. let me be the first to tell you what a real treasure you inherited (man, am i jealous)!!! and since you are so interested in photography, photo bob, we will be expecting many pictures. welcome, friend!
airstreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
Hawkeyes & Harleys

2006 16' International CCD
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Welcome to the AS world. We have a 2006 Bambi Quick Silver 16'. If I can be of any help send me an e-mail and I'll try to answer any questions even though I'm fairly new to this life style. We are off again next week for 10 or so days thru Texas to Vicksburg, TN. Picked up the QS in late July 06 and have over 5K miles and 45 days in it so far. Can you hole up for a day in the rain? Yes and we have done it; Do you run into each other due to the small space? Didn't buy the trailer to walk around in - that's the reason it has a door; etc. etc. Again, congrats and enjoy!!
HOG-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Hi Bob,
Welcome! As others have hinted, the 16' Bambi is a jewel and well sought after. As with all things, condition dictates worth/price, but you have a nice model. Congrats! What year is it?
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:20 AM   #6

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. You'll find the information here that will get you started out on the right foot.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Welcome Bob! You can get a first hand education, and then some, right here just by using the search function on the blue bar at the top of the Forum portal.

You'll find a bunch of shooters here as well as a monthly photo contest. Let's see some of your work.... we lover pictures here.

BTW what format do you work in? I'm just coming back into the world of film after having been retired from the biz for 20+ years. I have a 4x5 ... and am glad to see the world greening up again after a stretch of winter.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #8

Eugene , Oregon
Thanks All...

Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate them...My photography...totally a digital shooter...Nikon D70S. I don't even know how to use film....seriously! I do mostly nature photogaphy but as a member of a photo club, I do experiment with abstract and various other club projects...My Bambi is a 2005 model that was used once for a three thousand trip (and I wasn't on the trip)...I will try posting some photos when I get a little more comfortable with this site...Hae a great evening....Bob
Old 03-29-2007, 08:51 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Hi Bob,, welcome to the Forum,,, i have a 16 foot 2004 Bambi ccd,, and will be happy to help in any way i can,, good dealership in Eugene,, attended the International in Salem last year,, 2 weeks in the tiny Stream, have been at it for three years,,, not a pro,, but adequate,, email me if i can be of help,, donna in montana
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:25 PM   #10

Eugene , Oregon
Thanks, Donna, for the response. I am meeting with the dealership maintenance people on Thursday for a 2 hour "tour" of my trailer. Then I think I will play "house" in my driveway for a few days before I get brave and head over to the coast for a day or two...I may be back to you screaming "HELP"...but, honestly, I really think I will just have fun...Bob
Old 04-01-2007, 07:23 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Bob,, driveway camping is the best way to learn about all of the functions of the trailer,,, i do it all of the time just for the fun of it,,, can still run to the house for the phone or forgotten items,,, outfit your rig with all of the things you think you need,,, food,, toiletries,, pots and pans,,, good way to find out what you need before you get too far down the road,,, good luck and have lots of fun!!! happy trails,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote