Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2006, 10:57 AM   #1

1986 Argosy
Tenstrike , Minnesota
Another Argosy Owner

We purchased a '86 Argosy a year ago on Ebay. We towed her home to northern Minnesota from Arkansas without a problem. We then decided to do a few cosmetic changes to the interior, which became the classic peel an onion project ( the more layers we pealed the more we cried). Found numerous leaks that caused damage to the foor, walls and ceiling. Ended up replaceing some subfloor, installing a new pergo floor, replaceing the ceiling in the front half of the trailer, and most of the walls rear and front. Also replaced the water heater and had the furnace mother board replaced. The leaks were caused mostly by caulking, a missing air conditioner gasket, and a poor repair job when the tv antenna was removed. After a couple of months of working nearly full time on the trailer we were able to take it on camping trips last fall to a couple of our beautiful northern Minnesota campgrounds. We have just returned for another camping trip with our grandsons and concluded that the effort and cost was well spent. Now I am going to start working on the exterior. It does not have any major dents or problems, but I'm sure that I'll be using this forum to get answers when I run into those un-for-seen problems.
86Argosy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Hi 86,

Welcome! Nice to have you join.

Post some pics and show off your baby

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:20 PM   #3

1986 Argosy
Tenstrike , Minnesota
Thanks Steve

Just posted a photo.
86Argosy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
I found it!

Link HERE

That's really nice...and all Aluminum I think

Is "Squarestream" a derogatory term? None the less, I really like it and would love to see inside photos too.

Thanks!

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Always good to see another Argosy owner. I really like them better (dare I say it) than the silver ones. They have such character and stay so much cooler in the 100+ temps here in Oklahoma. Welcome
juel is offline   Reply With Quote