Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
AnnieBee

1976 31' Excella 500
Tecumseh , Michigan
Send a message via Yahoo to berta
Annie in SE MI: Just bought #4, glad to be aboard!

G'day all you fellow Streamers out there....Annie here in Michigan signing on with her 4th Airstream (31ft. Excella 500, 1976). I love these beauties and happened upon this last one from a couple up the road who were the meticulous kind and so this is my first Airstream without a leak or torn curtain or worn upholstery! Whoohoo! It does have sticky wall liner (which older Airstream doesn't?) and a roly-poly door stick, but what the hey. I am having to keep some heat in there these past two nights to get till Monday when I can call someone to have the water lines blown out and filled with antifreeze. Hope I did not wait too long, darnit. It has been pretty warm up till now, so I hope it is OK...it just had the plumbing repaired because of a freeze after an incompetent drain last season. Do you think I will be OK or no? Annie
berta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:25 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hi Annie - Welcome to the Forums! Have you been by AIR Forums before?

Water filled hoses left in the yard began freezing on me about 3 weeks ago. Copper pipe is the most sensitive to freezing. It takes a lot more to cool off your Airstream's inside from, say, a 50 degree daytime temp. Member Leipper checked interior temps and they were stayed above freezing overnight when the outside temp was 20 degrees or so. It was upper teens 3-4 days ago but actually feels nice outside this AM. Chances are good you'll be okay if you can winterize soon.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:21 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Annie U better get on it ,it was 19 in Chelsa Friday morn ,So dont wait to long. If it has heat U maybe safe for now but Id gitter done ASAP.
I still call Mich my home state but now am south a few hundred miles.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:27 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums, Annie. We're glad to have you with us. Good luck with your new baby.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:09 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Welcome aboard Annie! Congratulations on your newest Airstream! So do you still have any of the other three? Or are you a sequential owner? Either way, if you've lurked around here for long...you know we all like pictures! Can't wait to see yours ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Welcome. I just got a 76, 31ft Sovereign. I love the Excella, but never found one. Ours came from St. Joseph, Michigan, and was owned by a wonderful gentleman who loved it and took good care of it. Let's see some pictures.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1976 31' Excella 500
Rockford , Michigan
Hi Annie ,We just bought our first AS. It is also a 1976 Excella 500 31ft. We are in the middle of a full (down to frame) rebuild. Do you have any remodel plans? We live just north of Grand Rapids.
Brad Mich. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:01 AM   #8
AnnieBee

1976 31' Excella 500
Tecumseh , Michigan
Send a message via Yahoo to berta
Where Have I Been?

Airstream Folks....Lord have mercy, I just got a notification of a posting from Brad and it occured to me that this was the first notification I had received and have missed all of your kind replies and welcomes! What a poop I must have seemed! I did get the thing winterized in time, thank goodness!

Brad...I have had it with rehabs and remodels....I am 56 and tired of making things right and try to get them that way up front nowadays...don't have that burning desire to tear apart the Airstreams anymore, just relax in them! (I just open the door and smell that Airstream smell and it is like a nerve pill for me!)
I do want to replace that pizza-Pepsi- and puppy-proof brown, contoured shag with some suitable laminate flooring though....and fix the doors that stick...I did want to have some paint mixed to cover the rather unattractive, factory installed wallpaper on one wall in order to match it with the Nolotone-monotone elsewhere in the trailer.
What are you going to do...maybe you will inspire me!
By the way, I saw an older model...maybe a 26 footer, not sure which model from the 50s in someone's yard not far from MIS (Michigan International Speedway for those of you who are not "townies") for 1600. If anyone is interested, I will go and check it out.
berta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:21 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Lightbulb A necessary point that MAY just deserve it's own thread, before it is spiked..

Well one post every 8 months ain't all bad..
You're sure a person of few words. Not such a bad thing, but a little odd around here.
In case you haven't noticed we've got some here who type one up every time a bird poops on their trailer, and a few more who post every time a bird poops period..

One fact is without doubt here, that is that there is NO correlation between the number of posts of a person (member) and the validity of what they post. In other words let the reader beware...BIG TIME be AWARE.

That is not to say that these forums are not wonderful. But many of the old sages have disappeared, or at least grown weary of the regimin it appears. Or maybe they have decided that too much time at keyboard kills time they could be enjoying their family or their Airstream. That's wise, I did call them sages didn't I?

Last I recall there are now over Half-A-Million posts, with dozens or near hundreds more coming each day. Conducting a search and doing research is now similar to going for a root canal.
Yet no one seems to notice nor care.
You can find whine after whine about the state of the WBCCI . But for some reason this forum is Deitified as an alternative community. Not so. This is a commercial enterprise owned by one or two "entrepeneurs". Apparently the more members to them correlates with more $$$$. Perhaps per ad or for the value of the domain spot?? That's just the price we pay for building our house (community) on rented land. Business is business and you cannot blame the owners for ambition. We are simply visitors, guests, tenants, employees here.
The WBCCI is at least community owned although some say tyrannically ruled by a few old flatulents.
Not my worry, I sure don't belong to that throng.

So what's my point ?
Well who knows, I just like to drop in on occasion and play with the Smiles.
Actually my take is that this place has gotten too big too fast and desperately needs some organization and limiting. I also know that is easier said than done. You might say we have become gluttons. And of course the antidote for gluttony is ..(and this is the secret answer of the Ages) MODERATION. Think about it..apply it.. demand it..!!

But to you Berta or Annie or whoever, I hope you'll come a bit more often, and at least let us know a bit more about you. Such as do you still have 4 Airstreams, and if so..Why?
There is Gold in these forum hills. But it's getting alot harder to find with all the ground being paved over with ...I'll just say immoderate indifference .

Love,
Flicka
Hit'nMiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Hey Brad and Annie you should both register for the Metro-Detroit Forums Rally coming up in Aug in Milan. We have great folks coming in from VA. to MO. and all over MI. and OH., even have a few SOB's registered.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Annie, I would be interested in more info on the 50's AS you saw near MIS, if you have time to go back and look maybe take a photo or two. I also second the invite to the Metro-Detroit Forums Rally, my wife and I attended for the first time last year, we had such a good time were going back for more.

Thanks - Derek

derek@signcenter.net