Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Cool Aloha

Aloha all;

We don't have an AS YET! We have gotten into camping at a rather late age. The first time I camped (in the outback of Western Australia without even a tent) I was nearly 50. A couple of years later we bought a costco tent and camped for 9 weeks in the summer. Then we bought a Trailmanor pop-up which we have used for the last two summers.

Mrsin now has trailer envy and wants an airstream.

I really like the Ocean Breeze 25' model except for the dinette. We would never eat or sit at the dinette, ever! So it's just wasted space as far as we are concerned.

Is there a model without a dinette with an island style queen bed? That would be my perfect layout.

sinjin
sinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Welcome to the forums!

You can see all the current model floor plans on the Airstream site. Once you narrow it down to a couple of layouts you like....I'm sure there is someone here on the forums that can give you a multitude of opinions on theirs!

Happy hunting!!!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Sheri;

Thanks for the quick response. I have been to the airstream site a number of times and thought maybe it was out of date. What I would like is the 25' safari with the credenza, but all I am seeing on the net is safari's with dinettes. Am I looking at these wrong? I haven't seen a single 25' walk around queen bed safari 2007 or 2008 on the net without a dinette. Do they still make these. Or are they just unpopular?

There also seem to be more floorplans than are indicated on the airstream website. 25-a,b,c ss, fb? I am just getting really confused.

sinjin
Old 02-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
How about this one?

I'm no expert on the newer models...but I did find this plan that looks to me to match-up with what you are looking for:

25 FB Safari / Safari SE

Airstream, Inc :: Floorplans Floorplans

Shari

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
Old 02-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

We didn't get our Airstream until we were 57. We love it, and have spent over 200 nights in it in the last year and a half. We have pulled it nearly 30,000 miles. We have a 25FB with the dinette and the queen bed. I believe that there is now a 25FB with the sofa instread of the dinette.

Good luck in your search and have fun looking.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Gah;

Sorry, I just figured it out. It's the safari 25ft a or b that comes without the dinette (one's with twin beds, one's with a queen I think). And it doesn't come in the ocean breeze style. I was conflating the ocean breeze thing (only on internationals?) with the safari thing, no wonder I couldn't find one.

Back to surfing.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Shari;

I tried to edit to say that the plan you copied was exactly what I was looking for. Hmmm, maybe we should just drop the table and go with the 25' international ob.

How do folks like the kind of slanty bathroom with that model?

Or maybe we should go whole hog and get the 28ft, hahahahahaha. Five years from sleeping on the ground to a tent to a popup to a 28 ft airstream. Would that be some sort of record?
Old 02-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
I love having a dinette! It works great for meals, playing cards, extra cooking worksurface, computer work and folds down to a bed. The table can also be removed and it can be used for just seating...

But then my trailer is only 19' long...gotta be multi-functional. Our "big" trailer is 22 foot and it also has a dinette...wouldn't give it up! As a matter of fact, our 19-footer had a sofa, I took it out and built-in a dinette.

Shari

Old 02-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Wow Shari, that was cool. Very nice work.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Hi Sinjin,

Welcome to the forums.

Hurry up and get your trailer and then sign up for the Branson rally in April. Then sign up for the Moraine View rally in June.

Break it in right.

The Ocean Breese is a beauty.

Also, keep in mind that the 27' FB is 1 inch longer than the 28' trailer.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Hmmm, interesting about the 28 footer. I like that floor plan better too. I feel like a boater, just anothe couple of feet bigger.

What's it like to tow something that long? Does it take awhile to get used to?
Old 02-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Dennis;

Thanks for the invite to the rally's. We might be able to make the Branson one. Depends on Mrsin who is out of town till possibly May. We do want to go to a couple of rally's before we buy our airstream. Is it ok to go with our little pop-up?

We won't be able to make it to the one in June, our son is getting his degree at UCSB that weekend, yeah!!!!

Thanks for all the welcomes people. I love camping and campers.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' International CCD
St. Pete Beach , Florida
We have the 25'FB International and really love it. I too liked the look of the ocean breeze but decided that over time that might be too trendy for me. I have a very "beachy" house and wasn't needing another. I love making morning coffee and looking out the back to what is usually a great view. We do use our dinette...but not always for eating. We play games, use our computer or map out our next adventures plans. I can see that if you were avid tent campers, you probably spent very little time actually in the tent. Perhaps you could just keep the dinette down in the sleeping position, get a load of cushy pillows and have a great big comfy, hanging space. We laid ours out like that for the superbowl and really loved it. Over time, you may come to appreciate the versitility.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:23 PM   #14
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin
Shari;

I tried to edit to say that the plan you copied was exactly what I was looking for. Hmmm, maybe we should just drop the table and go with the 25' international ob.

How do folks like the kind of slanty bathroom with that model?

Or maybe we should go whole hog and get the 28ft, hahahahahaha. Five years from sleeping on the ground to a tent to a popup to a 28 ft airstream. Would that be some sort of record?
slanty bathroom can feel a bit cramped sometimes.
CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #15
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Dennis;

Thanks for the invite to the rally's. We might be able to make the Branson one. Depends on Mrsin who is out of town till possibly May. We do want to go to a couple of rally's before we buy our airstream. Is it ok to go with our little pop-up?

We won't be able to make it to the one in June, our son is getting his degree at UCSB that weekend, yeah!!!!

Thanks for all the welcomes people. I love camping and campers.
The Branson Rally luckly is biannual so it is in Apr and Oct. Dont worry about having an AS as of yet people came without them last Oct and stayed at the Lodge. If you dont want to stay in the lodge bring the pop up and you can roam the other trailers on the tour day witch is sat after lunch. You may just get a better idea of what you want then. Hope to see you there!

Amy
CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #16

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Aloha all;

I really like the Ocean Breeze 25' model except for the dinette. We would never eat or sit at the dinette, ever! So it's just wasted space as far as we are concerned.

Is there a model without a dinette with an island style queen bed? That would be my perfect layout.

sinjin
Actually after having trailers with dinettes, our first Airstream, a 27' Safari had none. It had the fold down table instead. After a couple of years we really knew that we missed the dinette. For us it's not only a place to eat but it's a spot to fold out maps on, work on projects, or just a nice place to put your elbows on. I guess it's what you get used to and if you've not had a permanent dinette before, I can understand how you could go without.

These trailers cost too much money new, to make a mistake in what you think you would like.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:40 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Hey;

Thanks for all the replys and suggestions. We will be looking around doing a lot of research and sitting in campers before we buy, hopefully. We have noticed a recent tendency to be rather impulsive in our old age.

In other news we just picked up our new TV yesterday. A Silverado 2500hd W00t! I can't wait for summer.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvarez
Perhaps you could just keep the dinette down in the sleeping position, get a load of cushy pillows and have a great big comfy, hanging space. We laid ours out like that for the superbowl and really loved it. Over time, you may come to appreciate the versitility.
DOH! it too me forever to figure out what you meant by this. Now that I have figured it out it and seen some pictures it sounds perfect. So now it's between the 25fb and the 27fb! Thanks for showing me another way to look at the whole dinette thing.