Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2006, 12:13 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Laurel , Maryland
Airstreamer Wannabe...lol

Hey! My name's Nick. Just thought I'd introduce myself n' stuff. I have yet to own an airstream, but hopefully in the not-too-distant future I will. I love the earlier models. The wee wind is my favorite, but is a little too rare and expensive...The Bubble is another one of my favorites, due to its size, and its AWESOME name! It just fits me, because in addition to vintage trailers, my other passion is bubblecars and microcars. I have a 1956 BMW Isetta, which is my baby. Its not quite road ready yet (engine's in a box w/ the tranny lol), but even dissassembled it has oodles of character. However, with 13hp, 300c, and a 1 cylinder engine, I have doubts that it could be my tow vehicle...lol. Though the 50-60 mpg is a nice feaure. I also have a 61' Bug, which runs and looks great. It joined the family a few months ago. Somehow it aquired the name "Queen Latifah" (dont ask lol), and it stuck. Its license plate is "I12BUGU" (I want to bug you). The isetta has been through a few names, but none have stuck...Bubs has been the most recent. Anyways, as for airstreams, they're AWESOME! My dream would be to have an early 60's ultravan and an early airstream bubble, pacer, or bambi. Oh, and I'm in Laurel, MD. Any other marylanders in here?

-Nick Drummond

P.S.
My website w/ pics of the isetta is http://nickdrummond.tripod.com/
Nick7764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:24 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Dear Nick,

Welcome to the Forums. Info that you can get here will educate you in the finer points of vintage Airstreams. We also have an Isetta. His name is ICHABOD ISETTA; his friends call him Ikky. He has the personalized Florida license plate IKKY. We have had him for ten years, and he is in running condition. We have been into Airstreaming for only about six months, and really are enjoying our Airstream named Lucy.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote