Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2014, 05:09 AM   #1
Gerd airstream

1969 25' Tradewind
1973 23' Safari
vechta , niedersachsen
Airstream gerd in Germany

Hi everybody,
I am an airstream Fan and own 2airstreams ,a 1971 Safari and a1969 tradewind
The tradewind is fully original ,the Safari is empty. I want to use the Safari as Stage for my Rockband ,but still dont know how to Open the Sides as i want to leave everything original.Both Caravans have the German licenses and New axles.i have a Transformer from 220volts to 110 Volts and Exchanged the loud univolt ,but still i get electrolution when i use Both 220 and 110 together.Maybe the USA has got a different earthing System?at the Moment the tradewind Rests in my Garden and i spend a Lot of Time in it with my beagle.i am a retired Teacher and Play in a Rockband .my Hobby besides airstreams are restoring Old mercedes Cars.please Excuse my mistakes in writing still Must find a Way to Cut Off this automatitic German correction on my i pad
I Would be happy if Anyone answers
With best wishes
Gerd airstream talawat
talawat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
Welcome!
I don't have the answer to your electrical questions, but have no doubt someone here will know.

Most of the strength in an Airstream is in the shell. They are built much like a semi-monocoque airplane fuselage. How much are you planning to open up to make your stage?
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:40 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1987 25' Sovereign
Oregon , Ohio
You may want to contact the Airstream factory in Jackson Center, Ohio, U.S.A.
msmcv51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:59 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
This has been done several times before. Google "Airstream Stage" for examples.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmcv51 View Post
You may want to contact the Airstream factory in Jackson Center, Ohio, U.S.A.
I was recently at the Airstream factory in Jackson Center. They had under current construction 4 "Food Cart" Bambi's that were bound for Europe. I was able to get a pretty good look at them. Framing had been heavily modified and beefed up to accommodate the opening sides. I ask if they would build these for the US market. Answer, currently they were only building them per European specs. But anything might be possible with enough $$$$. There are several companies here in the US that will build pretty much any conversion that you can afford.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote