Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #1

1976 31' Sovereign
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
'76 Soveriegn Stays in the Family

I am new to this forum. When my parents bought a new motorhome 2 years ago rather than selling their 1976 Soveriegn, they gave her to us.

My parents had bought her new and traveled with me and my two brothers throughout the US and Central America. We even lived in the trailer for 3 months while we waited for housing in Nicaragua. My father is a retired Army Colonel and the our Airstream was our home in transition many times throughout his active duty life.

Our Sovereign has been gently used and is suffering from old age. We are trying to give her some TLC and put her back on the road again. At this point she is serving as our beach vacation home in Delaware.

I look forward to being a part of this community and delving into the many threads and ideas posted here.

Good trailering to all...
drdehaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
Kennewick , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to shermybaby
Welcome to the forum! There is so much great info here it is almost information overload at first but lots of info and ideas! Enjoy the forum and your AS!
shermybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:33 AM   #3

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Welcome,

76 was a very good year if I do say so myself .

Hope you can continue those good times with the next generation of family.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
What a wonderful thing!

Welcome to the fourm.....What a wonderful thing to be able to keep this family treasure....I know how much we love ours and we have only had her for 2 years! I can't imagine have such vivid and lengthy memories tired to her.

Bless you for continuing the family tradition......This is a great story....I would like to here more about your travels with pictures.....
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Fall Colors Rally

Oct. 1-4 is the Fall Colors Rally in Limestone,PA. Some of the PA forums members have kindly opened up this rally to all of us. Here is the link:http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...0-1;&e=487&c=1

You might enjoy getting your AS on the road and joining in the fun. Larry and I plan on attending. Should be a fun group to meet and PennWood park looks like a beautiful place to kick back and enjoy the airstream company! Hope you can make it.

Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote