Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Malibu , California
2007 Model Information

Does anyone have pictures of the new Safari Interior "Kiwi". I spoke to airstream and they said they are building units with this interior, some have already shipped, but they didn't have any good pics to send. Also, if anyone knows anything about the new Safari 27 FB, I am trying to find out if the difference in length is mainly in the bedroom area or has the living areo been increased also over the 25 FB. Thanks.
istoilkovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Me too. I am dying of curiousity. If I were adding two feet to my 25' FB I would add a foot to the galley and lounge length to get a couch in and I would add more walk around room to the bedroom.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Found these pictures of the 27' FB

http://www.toscanorv.com/moredetails...code=toscanorv##

photography
Old 06-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Malibu , California
Thanks, Carol. I had seen the pics on Toscano RV's site but it is hard to tell where they added the space. It looks like the bedroom, but who knows. What interior color did you get on your '06 Safari SE?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:15 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Compared to our 2006 25 FB, the 27 FB shows a larger, perhaps double-sized closet next to the shower. Also, the slideout pantry appears deeper and the bathroom seems to have gained 6 inches or more in width because the sliding doors appear larger. Perhaps the kitchen drawers are a few inches wider too, but that isn't so directly comparable to our model because the SE has a single round sink, while ours has double rectangular sinks.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:31 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Our Safari has the stratus interior with the white countertops. Well I knew the 27' would have more space but so far I am good, sweating out seeing the other 2 lines however. But I think the SE is a good blend of Safari and CCD like interior. I love the CCDs too, just that my junk won't look cool through the plexiglass, nor dog hair on the solid fabrics. The Classic will have the flush counter/sink covers/and stove top and a nice couch I am assuming, so that will be a heart breaker perhaps. But then the price and size would have probably scared me away from that one anyway.

What I wonder is how many years and how many units will AS release for the limited special editions for the anniversary year. I had asked several sales representatives about a Classic model and told no and then was told when I picked up my ordered unit that they were coming out with them. ARGH!! I am whiteknuckling it here. I am hoping I don't care for them. I am not buying a 4th Airstream. I can't. Besides Michigan keeps charging us for lifetime RV licenses.

I do like our L shaped galley with twin sinks instead of the baptismal and the bathroom cabinet and aluminum trim under the sink. The bedroom is nice, I am pushing my bed that way tomorrow and see if it fits. LOL But actually the cross bed has the wall shielding light from the head of the bed from the front and lets you look out the large side window.

Mike you've got a good eye for the details.

Anyway I am on my way out the door to my Airstream Buyers Anonymous meeting. I hope to finish the 12 step program very soon.

I have pictures of our FB in my gallery now.

photography
Old 06-07-2006, 09:17 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Yepper

Ditto.... I'm NOT buying another Airstream! The new 27' does have more wardrobe room - a great thing. It also does have the bed turned front to back instead of sideways... A real improvement when two people occupy it and want midnight restroom breaks. Don't trash the lobster bowl sink unless you've tried one. I find the two dinky shallow sinks to be a pain, you splash water everywhere. I rarely do a lot of dishes, so washing and rinsing under running water works fine. I just used a folding rack and drain pan which I put away after drying the dishes. Much less mess AND the sink is big enough to wash large pots, pans, skillets in if need be. How do you wash those in the dinky sinks? Take them outside and use a hose?

My 25 does NOT have the wraparound windows in the bedroom which I personally like. You really don't enjoy the view unless you raise the stoneguard and open the curtains.... and if you do that while you sleep you might wake up and realize that you've given the campground more of a view than EITHER side wants. BTW, the side guards on the front window DON'T open easily at ALL. Why didn't they make it all one piece with the sides held in place by two more of the rubber hand pulls? Even if they'd had dividers to use smaller pieces of plexi, it would make is SO much easier to clean the windows. Just got an idea; hinge the side pieces to the sides of the center piece. Add one (or two?) rubber pulls to outer sides of the side curved pieces. Add a brace, probably detachable, that would hold up the side of the curved panel.

Hmmm.... maybe some modifications to the 22ft coming up. (Which I may be keeping after all.... seems I've got a lot of vacationing friends and relatives visiting me.)

Paula Ford
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:32 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Santa Ana , California
Nice pics. Thanks for the link.
As a side note. The website states " Toscano RV Center since 1967 the #1 Airstream Dealer in the USA three years running."
Am I wrong, I thought Southwest Coaches was just awarded #1 for the 2nd year in a row by Airstream.
"Life is like a box of chocolates..." Forrest Gump
Killo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:39 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
We ordered especially so as not to have the front wrap in the bedroom. We like it that way too. The sun guards on the front pano are hard to wash all those surfaces to get a clean view, it will let in more heat and cold, be brighter, less private and still just show the front road and car.

Paula, don't misunderstand, I love the look of the single round sink but I decided to like what I got, I simply don't carry a pot larger than my sink will wash. But I truly don't like the rounded cabinet instead of the L, it opens to the dinette and not the galley, looks odd to me, like in church when the baby gets baptised. I also like sitting on a stool in the space of the L shaped galley and looking out the panoramic and double side windows, or even if standing washing the dishes or working on the sink covers, and can tilt the LCD to view at the same time.

Just saw the Classic one now and the galley counter is diagonal so you would still be looking toward the side wall instead of out the back windows.

I am going out and pushing the mattress around now though.

photography
Old 06-07-2006, 01:34 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Cubby Mods

Did'ya notice that on the kitchen cabinet of the 27' they have two glass doors right by the entrance door? Just realized there's a helluva lot of waste space in my 25 - NO access to the bottom at all. Good place for the liquor locker though! Hmmm. What will I do there.

I've got a kitchen cabinet guy coming out to visit my A/S this week. His company makes custom slides mainly for kitchen cabinets. I'm planning some for under the bed and also the top drawer in the kitchen. It's WAY too deep for a silverware drawer. I'm planning on discarding the drawer box, putting the drawer on a bottom hinge and putting in two slides - silverware in the top, knives and spices in the bottom. Cute eh? May go wild and have the same thing under the dinette as getting my rotund behind down and back up is

Paula Ford
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:28 PM   #11

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killo1
Nice pics. Thanks for the link.
As a side note. The website states " Toscano RV Center since 1967 the #1 Airstream Dealer in the USA three years running."
Am I wrong, I thought Southwest Coaches was just awarded #1 for the 2nd year in a row by Airstream.
You have to read the fine print. Airstream has the #1 reserved for three different catagories. The first being the overall sales leader, then the overall motorhome leader, and then the overall trailer dealer. I know my local dealer has been #1 on trailers for several years (although I'm unsure about the last couple) since I've seen the plack given to him by Airstream.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

Malibu , California
My brother bought his Airstream (25' Safari) from Toscano RV and got a really good deal. They are kind of out in the middle of now where, but they were about $5,000 cheaper than any other dealer, including Southwest Coaches. Talk to Dave.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2008 23' International CCD
Seal Beach , California
Kiwi

Southwest Coaches in Irvine has a 23 or 25 ft trailer in stock with the Kiwi interior. Per your earlier request...
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

Mickleton , New Jersey
Round sink

We have the round sink in our 23 ft Safari and been trying to purchase a dish rack (drainer) to place the rinsed dishes, etc. Limited counter space around sink. Has anyone found a small rack for this task. Purchased smallest rack we could find at Camping World, but overhangs too much. Of course we can always wash, rinse, and dry one by one.

Larry
2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
mickleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:39 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Kiwi on Colonial Airstream's website

Patrick comes through again! 27' FB Safari 25' FB Safari

Okay Carol, please repeat after me:
1. Admit we are powerless over our addiction - that our lives have become unmanageable
2. Believe that a Power greater than ourselves can restore us to sanity (no, you can't have Wally's gold Airstream!)
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
( Apologies and utmost respect to the 12 Steps. It's just that Carol is on her umpteenth new Airstream...)

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:05 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
I see in the bedroom picture that there are two hanging lockers over each end of the bed. Our 2006 FB only has one. I wonder if the factory would sell us the matching one from the 2007. That would be a very desireable addition to our trailer.

Also, I see that the sliding pantry has what appear to be solid shelves and a backing. That is infinitely preferable to the wire pantry shelves we have in the 2006 model. Small items move around and fall thru the wire shelving in ours. I'm trying to find a way to retrofit our shelves with some solid surfaces perhaps in heavy plastic that I might bend to fit.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:39 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

1952 15' Cruisette
2005 25' International CCD
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
We have the round sink in our 23 ft Safari and been trying to purchase a dish rack (drainer) to place the rinsed dishes, etc. Limited counter space around sink. Has anyone found a small rack for this task. Purchased smallest rack we could find at Camping World, but overhangs too much. Of course we can always wash, rinse, and dry one by one.
We found a dish drainer for our CCD 25 with the round sink at Target. They sell a chrome wire drainer. It's square with rounded corners. The bottom half-inch is coated in grey vinyl and it has a grey plastic clip-on utensil drainer. It drops into our sink and nests flush with the counter like it was designed to. HTH
Tim
Cruisette52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:45 AM   #18
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung
I see in the bedroom picture that there are two hanging lockers over each end of the bed. Our 2006 FB only has one. I wonder if the factory would sell us the matching one from the 2007. That would be a very desireable addition to our trailer.
I think that the quoted cost would floor you.

When I added an additional small galley drawer to my 28, I asked the dealer to get me a quote on the "door box", just the simple wood box behind the door front. I already had the drawer front. The quote was something like $85for that simple, unfinished wood box. I built my own for less than $10 worth of wood. Based on that, I bet they would hit you at least $500 for a finished cabinet.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Mickleton , New Jersey
Target Dish Rack

Tim
Thanks for the info on the dish rack, wife will be shopping at Target and try to locate one.

Cheers,
Larry
2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
mickleton is offline   Reply With Quote