Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2008, 05:43 AM   #1

Exclamation 1973 International Overlander Land Yacht

Good morning, I'm a retired vet. that is full timing now that the boys are in the Navy. I purchased my trailer 3 years ago. Since, I have had Airstream in Jackson Center upgrade the awning, stove, refer., hot water ,air and rebuilt the wheel wells on both sides. Now I want to replace/repair the floor in the rear bedroom. I am not tooled nor "handy enough" to do this. I would like to here from people that are experienced with this type of repair and find a craftman that can work on it. The $85/hr at the factory is cost prohibitive.....I need other alternatives. I'm out of Mass., currently in Florida and other points SW. Thank you Terry
terry mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Hi Terry, thank you to you and your family for your service to our country. I am deeply appreciative.

And welcome to the Forums. I cannot answer your questions, but I have no doubt that others will, and soon.

Good luck!

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:29 AM   #3

Thanks, I look forward to the info. Beginning to think about doing it myself...... big job ....Tery
Old 05-19-2008, 07:40 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
Although you may not be dialed in on the floor replacement itself there is always preparing the trailer so hourly charges are reduced... Having the bath items out also gives the best opportunity to clean and paint hidden areas that might be overlooked when the grim $85-an-hour efficiency closes things back up 'too soon'...
Old 05-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #5
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
There are a bunch of here that have done it. 4 or 5 just on the east side of Atlanta. WHat kind of tools do you have with you? You say this is a rear bedroom? If so, I'll bet it's a lot easier than our rear bath models. If you can post a few pic's and a few more details, I'll bet we can "coach" you along.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:40 AM   #6

Rear Bedroom Floor

Thanks everybody for your thoughts. I'm in Florida and on the road till fall. I'll have to do it then. Be safe and travel a lot. Terry

« sierralu | Top | New member »