Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Tacoma , Washington
1958 - 30' Sovereign of the Road

Hi, everyone! I've been bumping around the boards with a few questions, but thought I'd stop here to properly introduce myself (and by proximity, my husband). I'm Jesse and my hubs is Mike and on Sunday we rescued a diamond-in-the-rough from 26 years of being put out to pasture.

I'd driven by her several times on my way to a job about an hour from my house. One day just before July 4 this year, I finally got the guts to stop and ask the owner about her. He said he got it when his friend died in the 80's and it's sat in his field since then. Well, it's obviously had some hard-living inhabitation, but body and trailer are solid.

Then, over the holiday weekend my g-ma heard me gushing about it and offered to buy it for us. She never (ever) does stuff like this and it floored about everyone in the room. We told her we'd name it after her - The Norma Ann.

Last Sunday was the first day we could arrange transport with our friend who has a rig big enough to haul it. Had to borrow trailer tires from him to haul it, but she towed beautifully.

We plan to do gut her, build a floating floor and rewire through the floor. Then we'll do a custom refurbish on the inside. My husband builds museum exhibits for a living and is an amazing designer and carpenter and our entire family is looking forward to the project.

We've got three daughters, ages 13, 10 and 8. My dream is to have her ready for a road trip down the coast next summer but it might be too ambitious. Regardless, we can't wait until we get her on the road again!

We started a blog with pictures, etc, here: restoringnorma.com

TheNormaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Wow! Great story and great trailer. You're braver than I am. Good luck an keep the pics coming!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:10 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
Awesome find and you will enjoy her! Yes the pictures help us to remember that it fit before we started! Keep them comming and enjoy the adventure
Cliff

Tags
1958, sovereign