Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2006 - 2010 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2021, 01:53 PM   #841
1 Rivet Member

Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
Pete,

Nice catch. Looks like the part number and a pic are good candidates for sharing.

rmcgillis,

Any chance for a pic of your lock arm? I don't know for sure but does yours have the wood / magnetic blocks the are clamped and push against the wall?

Gary
Not sure how to post a picture from my phone but took a picture of the little part. I do have the wood / magnetic block locking things. This little part is on the inside of the mechanism as discussed.

The part # I see stamped on the thing is V-10G2-1C24-K
rmcgillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:27 AM   #842
3 Rivet Member

2008 34' Classic S/O
Arnprior , Ontario
I wish I had taken a picture of the micro switch and the part # I purchased is in the stored trailer. When I removed it I took it to an automotive electronic store and it was easy to cross over. Its a normally open switch. In my case the switch failure was secondary to the root failure of the molding that seals off the lock compartment when it is closed. Best of luck.
S/OS#88
white laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:39 AM   #843
3 Rivet Member

2008 34' Classic S/O
Arnprior , Ontario
one other caution....
By jumping the wires together you are bypassing a really important safety switch that could cause you a world of hurt if you try to retract the slide with the locks extended. I would use extreme caution and be sure to check that both locks are in the retracted position before you bring the slide back into the rig. Slide on!
S/OS#88
Old 02-03-2021, 09:54 AM   #844
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Sterling , Connecticut
Funny Craigslist slide out scam....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A76A0559-0B15-4CFC-9C75-AC9DD7184F42.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	388040  
sterlinghick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:29 AM   #845
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcgillis View Post
Not sure how to post a picture from my phone but took a picture of the little part. I do have the wood / magnetic block locking things. This little part is on the inside of the mechanism as discussed.

The part # I see stamped on the thing is V-10G2-1C24-K
Is this it?

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...G-1C24-K/31078
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:53 PM   #846
3 Rivet Member

2008 34' Classic S/O
Arnprior , Ontario
yup! that's the little switch. I replace the bad one and put another one in the old "spare Airstream parts" box. You never know!
S/OS#88
Old 02-04-2021, 04:27 AM   #847
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Pete,

I just might find those for a spare too. We have a good local supply house I can look at. But I looked in my AS owners manual for the slide out wiring and didn't find the diagram.

Anybody have a wiring diagram for the slide operation?

Gary
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Old 02-06-2021, 02:01 PM   #848
Aluminut

2003 30' Classic S/O
Missouri City , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to agg79
Question Joining the SO party

Howdy Ya'll!

Long time Airstreamer. I just upgraded my ride from a 1996 30' Excella to a nice 2003 30' Classic S/O and wanted to see if I could join the Slide-Out Society. I picked her up from north Texas in December and have been going over her from stem to stern. She's in great shape for a 18 year old rig (very low usage) but just needs some TLC. My punch list is down to a handful of items but those shouldn't prevent our 1st short road trip this month.

Where can I sign up for this group? I'd like to tap into the knowledge and experience on slides and their quirks.

Jerry
agg79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 04:31 AM   #849
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Hampton Beach , New Hampshire
Slide-Out Society

Hi Jerry,

Congratulations on your new SLIDE! It's so exciting to find a gem. It looks like you've got lot's of experience with AirStream, so this will be a fun update for you.

You've met the requirement to become a member of the Slide-Out Society (S/OS). Owning a SLIDE (S/O) and posting a message in the thread will bring Gary S/OS #001 SLIDING on in to bestow a limited edition and rare S/OS #.

Sounds awesome that you're gonna have her on the road soon. Up here in New England we're prepping for the next snow storm. 14" last week, 4-9" predicted for today's mess. Well it is February in New Hampshire...we're looking forward to road trips, but they're months away.

Best!

Tom - S/OS #025
- 2008 30' Classic S/O - S/OS #025 - Riding on 16" Wheels and Tires -
- Live Free or Die -
STREMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:23 AM   #850
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Quote:
Originally Posted by agg79 View Post
Howdy Ya'll!

Long time Airstreamer.

Where can I sign up for this group? I'd like to tap into the knowledge and experience on slides and their quirks.

Jerry
Jerry,

You found us. The rule for membership is simple owning an AS S/O is it. Period, Goal, Score, Homerun and in honor of today's game TOUCHDOWN!

As you are a long time AS'er about the only big difference it Level first, Stabilize and then Slide Out of course making sure nothing is in the way of the slide.

Now about that number, Jerry you're S/OS#115

Now just stay in touch, say Howdy Ya'll, You'uns or Yinz for our northern kin and pics are always welcome.

Safe travels,

Gary
Old 02-07-2021, 08:15 AM   #851
Aluminut

2003 30' Classic S/O
Missouri City , Texas
Cool Thanks!

Quote:
Jerry,

You found us. The rule for membership is simple owning an AS S/O is it. Period, Goal, Score, Homerun and in honor of today's game TOUCHDOWN!

As you are a long time AS'er about the only big difference it Level first, Stabilize and then Slide Out of course making sure nothing is in the way of the slide.

Now about that number, Jerry you're S/OS#115

Now just stay in touch, say Howdy Ya'll, You'uns or Yinz for our northern kin and pics are always welcome.

Safe travels,

Gary
Thanks so much for the welcome!

We're looking forward to hitting the road with our new toy and uncovering any new quirks along the way. It is interesting to find that most of her issues stem from lack of use. Frozen awnings, stabilers jammed, clogged faucets, jammed bathroom fan, dead batteries (circa 2011). All fixable with a little patience, elbow grease and lots of silicone spray. While doing my pre-inspection, I discovered she still had the ORIGINAL spare tire (2003 Goodyear Marathon - dusty, never been on the ground). I firmly believe that the more we use her, the better she shine. We're her 2nd owners and fortunate to have all of the original paperwork (bill of sale, invoice, manuals). Don't have a name for her, yet, but it's on my punchlist. I will try to post more pictures as we hit the road.

Hope to see you guys down the road.

Life on the road in aluminum is always interesting.

Jerry S/OS#115
Old 02-07-2021, 08:24 AM   #852
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Jerry,

I think that you hit on part of the health of an AS. Use it. Using it keeps systems functioning or at least attended to. We're able to use ours when the weather inspires us cause it's in the back yard, AKA Camp Hickory. Power, water, pines, dogwood, cherry hickory and oak trees all over and a fine fire ring and I'm the camp host.

Gary
Old 02-07-2021, 08:30 AM   #853
Aluminut

2003 30' Classic S/O
Missouri City , Texas
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by STREMN View Post
Hi Jerry,

Congratulations on your new SLIDE! It's so exciting to find a gem. It looks like you've got lot's of experience with AirStream, so this will be a fun update for you.

You've met the requirement to become a member of the Slide-Out Society (S/OS). Owning a SLIDE (S/O) and posting a message in the thread will bring Gary S/OS #001 SLIDING on in to bestow a limited edition and rare S/OS #.

Sounds awesome that you're gonna have her on the road soon. Up here in New England we're prepping for the next snow storm. 14" last week, 4-9" predicted for today's mess. Well it is February in New Hampshire...we're looking forward to road trips, but they're months away.

Best!

Tom - S/OS #025
Thanks for the warm welcome!

After living a few years in New Jersey & Germany, I don't miss all that snow. We don't get that kind of winter weather down here in Texas, but, I will trade you a few 100 degree summer days for some of your summer weather when we are slowly baking our trailers.

We're happy to have this new rig/adventure. I was pretty used to all the quirks and flaws of my old '96 so it should be interesting to uncover some of the new quirks. Most of her issues arise from lack of use. I feel, the more she is used, the better she will shine.

Jerry S/OS#115
Old 02-07-2021, 05:43 PM   #854
1 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited S/O
Burleson , Texas
Texas Too

Jerry,

Glad to see anther Texas SOS member. These guys are great, you will enjoy getting to know them. Hopefully we will get in another Slider meeting. We are in Burleson, Tx. We have a 2001. I noticed an Airstream with a slide for sale a few months back just South of us in a consignment dealer lot. Where did you find your Rig? LOL, yep in Texas it is ok to call her a rig!

Ande
kipziprip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 08:24 PM   #855
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Pete,

I just might find those for a spare too. We have a good local supply house I can look at. But I looked in my AS owners manual for the slide out wiring and didn't find the diagram.

Anybody have a wiring diagram for the slide operation?

Gary
Gary, here is a post I made a few years ago on controller replacement. The wiring diagram is in the attached link for the upgraded controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinShack View Post
After 10 years of trouble-free use, I just had a failure to retract problem with the slideout on my 2005 28'. I was able to retract it manually as described in the Airstream owners manual. It's a pain but can be done. After following the troubleshooting process of check fuses etc., I determined the problem to be the control unit by using my handy dandy voltage meter.

The controller is not a serviceable part so I had to replace it. In my search for a replacement part, I found the original unit made by Power Gear (p/n 510116) is no longer available and that Power Gear was recently bought out by Lippert Components. Lippert has a direct replacement that can be used and it's part number is 140-1144/383605 ($249). Unfortunately this replacement was not available and wouldn't be for another month.

The other solution is to replace the unit with their part number 523511/383622 which is a kit made up of a controller and wiring harness that uses part number 140-1163 & 140-1138. The cost of this kit was $175 from Lippert, but I was able to find one online from a company called PDX RV LLC for $143 including shipping. This kit requires the controller to be positively switched instead of negative, so a 3 amp fused positive lead needs to go to the slideout switch in place of the negative wire.

Long story short, the kit works fine but does require some extra work to fish a positive lead from the positive battery input at the controller to the switch. Here is the tip sheet from the manufacturer that details the process.
https://nebula.wsimg.com/obj/RTRCMkU...c2MTM6Ojo6OjA=
Old 02-08-2021, 05:11 AM   #856
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Steve,

Interesting and I'm saving it. But that didn't have the locking arms. Does the locking arms have an interlock type relationship with the slide motor? Like arms locked prevents slide motors from working?

Gary
Old 02-08-2021, 06:53 AM   #857

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by agg79 View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome!

After living a few years in New Jersey & Germany, I don't miss all that snow. We don't get that kind of winter weather down here in Texas, but, I will trade you a few 100 degree summer days for some of your summer weather when we are slowly baking our trailers.

We're happy to have this new rig/adventure. I was pretty used to all the quirks and flaws of my old '96 so it should be interesting to uncover some of the new quirks. Most of her issues arise from lack of use. I feel, the more she is used, the better she will shine.

Jerry S/OS#115
Hopefully your 2003 came with at that time, the optional 15K Penguin. I know when I ordered my 2004, the standard was still the 13.5K unit. I opted for the upgrade at build time. Never regretted that decision.

Now if you have two AC units on it you should be great. I've not run into a situation where my single 15K unit has failed to keep me comfortable.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:11 PM   #858
1 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic S/O
LIBERTY HILL , TX
Gary,

Yes they do and when your locking arms leak water in the out position, that water pools in the arm boxes and rusts the contacts on the momentary switches. These switches can be bypassed at some risk, but also you can also eliminate one of the switches without too much risk... There is one in each arm and both have to be depressed in order for the main slide switch to work. The switch is depressed when the arm is fully retracted.

I had a switch go bad but the other was still good. So I "hotwired" the wires on the side that had corrosion and it started working again.

I'm starting to get some weirdness when moving the slide out and I think it's the remaining switch. But if I pop the locking arms out and back in a couple clicks, it starts working. I think that last fail safe switch isn't depressing properly.

Hope this helps!

-Mike
CompuNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:20 PM   #859
1 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic S/O
LIBERTY HILL , TX
Question for you Classic 30 sliders... Have any of you ran wires from the fridge compartment to the battery area? I really want to do solar using more than the provided 10 amp wire but I have no idea where the wires go or how to add another set for that matter.

Any thoughts on this? So far I've been unable to find any schematics on this model (2007).

- Mike
CompuNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:40 AM   #860
1 Rivet Member

Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Steve,

Interesting and I'm saving it. But that didn't have the locking arms. Does the locking arms have an interlock type relationship with the slide motor? Like arms locked prevents slide motors from working?

Gary
Yes, the locking arms have a little switch that connects to the slide motor switch, if the arms aren’t fully retracted the room won’t move.
rmcgillis is offline   Reply With Quote