Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2006 - 2010 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rising Fawn , Georgia
Ready to make the jump- 2006 Classic

After years of pop-ups, pull behinds, fifth wheels and motorhomes we are about to make the jump into our first Airstream. Having admired them for years it just seems a natural progression now that we are empty nesters.
After much study and looking we have settled on a new 2006 25' Classic 75th Anniversary which is also a WBCCI 25th Anniversary model. The tough part is that it is at a dealership almost 1000 miles away. It was the only one like it that I found anywhere and I fell in love with it so I guess I'll just drive up there and get it. Just two more weeks until the trip and trying to manage our excitement. Looking forward to joining the ranks...
StanandLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
Welcome Aboard to the world of Airstreaming

Be prepared to answer questions and meet people who WISH they had an Airstream!

May your journey be safe and your experiences happy ones

R/
Safari-Rick

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
Lemontree: Welcome to the forum, but more importantly, welcome to the airstream family. Aluminum fever is cured only one way...buy one. You'll love it. There is a lot of expertise on the forum, but as a seasoned RV'er, you porbably won't need much help. If you have any questions, just ask and be sure to use the search function in the left margin. Much info there and most questions have been asked...but feel free to ask again. Once again, welcome to the family.
Scott
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:03 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
New York , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemontree
It was the only one like it that I found anywhere and I fell in love with it so I guess I'll just drive up there and get it. Just two more weeks until the trip and trying to manage our excitement. Looking forward to joining the ranks...
If it is any consolation we were in a similar situation with our Quiksilver. By the time we started looking the nearest one was over 1000 miles away in Florida. So we bought it sight unseen...and been happy with it ever since.
ljmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:43 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
Albuquerque , New Mexico
congrats on your new airstream

hendrie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:59 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Inverness , Florida
welcome to the forum. may you have many enjoyable times in your new dream.may you have very few little problems with the new tt. just check the search,button for any problems that might arise, for a few have had the same problems.. ENJOY your new home away from home....
Bob
bobchevy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:29 PM   #7

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome Lemontree; You are going to love your new Airstream. You will find these Forums most imformative.

Check out the string, "2007 Florida Can Opener Rally". We are having a Forums rally in the Florida Panhandle this first weekend of January (5, 6,7). We would love to see you there with your new baby.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:03 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Welcome Lemontree----You are in for a treat !!! Having done the RV thing with all the different types, when you start towing an Airstream you'll wonder why in the world you didn't start with one !!!! NOTHING tows like an Airstream. ---pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2006 classic