Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2006 - 2010 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Lounge and Dinette Cushions

I thought all of you could use a good chuckle today.

My trailer has the cream color leather like cushions in it. About a week ago the wife and I were looking at a new color of cushion that Airstream offers in the new units as an option , it's called Espresso.
After seeing pictures of it, we thought it might be a cool idea to change out the cushions with a set of the new color. In other words, keep both colors of cushions and swap them out when the mood hits us.

I priced the new cushions with a couple of Airstream dealers and then at the company store in Ohio because I just couldn't believe the price.

Remember, these cushions are only "leather like" material and foam.

Drum role please.....

$5,236.70 and that does not include shipping or taxes.

All I can do is laugh!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
hang up and drive

2010 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
My trailer, the Praline Queen, has the golden ultraleather lounge with the praline fabric dinette cushions. Well, with a couple of rug rats, it's a no-brainer that we really need the ultraleather on the dinette.

When I was at Colonial a couple of weeks ago, I asked about the swap. They said they just did that for another customer and it was "several thousand dollars." I told them not to even waste their time looking up the actual figures.

But yeah, NUTS!

I think we'll just buy a few yards of ultraleather and either have an upholsterer make the new covers, or my wife will do them herself with her Singer.

2023 Ford F350 Lariat 7.3/4.30 FX4 CCLB
2010 Classic Limited 30
ProPride P3-1400
kry226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Bloomsbury , New Jersey
it's expensive

I had my goucho re-foamed and new material, sewn on zippers, total $2.400. Beautiful, worth it, but expensive. John
moparjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

I wish I had paid more attention in Home Ec class
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #5

1972 25' Tradewind
Hammond , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenjude View Post
I wish I had paid more attention in Home Ec class
I did pay attention in Home Ec ... Except, I chose to make a pretty purple mini-dress instead!

Jane
Janie Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Hobe Sound , Florida
Our dinette was the "willow" pattern. It was ok, a nice shade of green, but we wanted a leather look. We have the ultra leather sofa and decided to redo the dinette. This is from '09, but total cost to re-strap dinette benches, redo cushions in a basket weave "leatherette" material ( in espresso!!) AND redo the awful fabric on the dinette seat backs, etc, was just under $1500. Pretty good deal we thought. I would love the espresso sofa.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-755529109.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	180370
Old 03-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kry226 View Post
My trailer, the Praline Queen, has the golden ultraleather lounge with the praline fabric dinette cushions. Well, with a couple of rug rats, it's a no-brainer that we really need the ultraleather on the dinette.

When I was at Colonial a couple of weeks ago, I asked about the swap. They said they just did that for another customer and it was "several thousand dollars." I told them not to even waste their time looking up the actual figures.

But yeah, NUTS!

I think we'll just buy a few yards of ultraleather and either have an upholsterer make the new covers, or my wife will do them herself with her Singer.
One could probably have them done in real leather for what AS wants for their cushions.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenturnr View Post
Our dinette was the "willow" pattern. It was ok, a nice shade of green, but we wanted a leather look. We have the ultra leather sofa and decided to redo the dinette. This is from '09, but total cost to re-strap dinette benches, redo cushions in a basket weave "leatherette" material ( in espresso!!) AND redo the awful fabric on the dinette seat backs, etc, was just under $1500. Pretty good deal we thought. I would love the espresso sofa.

Attachment 180370

Thanks for the picture, that really looks nice. Good color choice too!