Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2006 - 2010 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
The original post doesn't stated if they were looking for new or used. And I honestly don't know if the FB is made in old as well as new.
On the noise issue, I can say positively that my '72 allows MUCH more noise in than my '98 did. In the '98, not much bothered us in a campground. I can't say the same for the '72.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:04 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Phoenix , Arizona
Thanks so much for the valuble information, the people here on these AS forums provide such insite and knowledge to make us new and future AS owners experience that more enjoyable........regards to everyone.
Mazz
Bob J. Mariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Hey Mazz, Welcome in. Use this forum to its fullest. If you don't find the info you need. Be sure to ask away.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
summerfield , Florida
we have the 25' 05 FB..

We have enjoyed ours, no problem with noise while sleeping. And...watching tv actually is no problem at all. We just take out the one back cushion on both sides of the dinette, gives you more elbow room between dinette and cushion to stretch out. Hubby sits on the side with the tv, I am on the otherside of dinette, I got an ottoman for my feet, so I can stretch out too with a large pillow also for the both of us to lean on, and we're set for a night of TV watching. We are so glad we picked this model...
safari05-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
marco island , Florida
twin bed

we havethe 07 classic 25ft twin bed....we liked the couch much better than the uncomfortable dinette/couch in the fb....and contrary to earlier post...i almost always pull through...hardly ever do i back in and i'd much rather look at my tv than what's behind me.
vpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Derwood , Maryland
I agree - its BEST to either find a friend, hit up a dealer - or SOMEHOW check out both the layouts in person to ensure you are happy!
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Derwood , Maryland
Since my last post over a year ago - and many, many nights in my 25FB (temps from negative 5 in Steamboat Springs to 105 in the Keys) with lots of time experiencing both big temperature extremes in Alaska - although I like the view from the family room in back - all those windows in the bedroom were a waste as I usually kept them closed since my bedroom was "public" being in the front - amazing how many people look into the 'stream when walking by. Nights watching movies and relaxing in the Family room had me closing that section at night (and during the day when you can see the view outside, unless it was snowing or raining I'm usually outside or even in the rain outside under the awning...) - so I'm gonna vote for Bedroom in back with one window now (wardrobe on either side of the bed) and my vista view up front.

We all will have our opinions - after living in one type and having the chance to migrate to another this is now mine.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I switched sides too. I prefer the rear bedroom with a single middle window and the couch and wrap up front. I also often keep the bedroom windows shaded for privacy. This is the second time we have had twins and it was a choice for easily accessable storage inside and a huge trunk storage outside and a second day living area. Some day I might want to do a desk on one side and a full bed on the other but for now I like the length of the hallway and the open expanse in the front without a permanent table taking up all the walk room. Would love a 30' with dinette and couch but the 28' with credenza and fold down table and lap top table with pantry and microwave still has great utility and openness without having to pull a longer trailer. The middle bath with doors across the hallway between the front and bath and between the bath and bedroom make a huge enclosure of shower, toilet, sink and his and her wardrobes and some drawers. It's a definite spoiler and still leaves a generous front and an ample bedroom.

The rear door of a FB doesn't get shielded as much with the awning and often the back of sites drop off at the rear of the trailer. The entrance was narrower and the dogs ricocheted off the sides and sent the cushions flying in every direction. I think moving the rear door a bit more forward would be better too. The front door models have more space between the ends of the trailer and the doorways so you are not sitting quite that close to the door and the sofabed can be extended without obstructing or meeting the entranceway.

The front couch makes easily into a bed for a front bedroom in addition to the the rear bedroom. I had more comfort albeit no sprawling bed room with the rear twins with the traditional classic styling and floorplan. 3 months and it was just like home and that was in the dead of winter. No freezing of water tanks and the furnace did a great job.

The location of the front heating vent with an FB is under the table and I found my knees getting very hot and the heat stopped from rising over the table and my back and side was cold sitting basically inside the wrap in an FB. there is less glass in my model without sky lights and vista views and no rear wrap and the rock shields on the front wrap help insulate that are absent in rear wraps. Temperatures do hold steadier inside with more mouse fur and less glass and openings, warm or cool.

I miss the disc brakes though. there is a big difference in stopping distance.

And lastly as 2Air would point out, the rear bedroom makes a better avenue for fire escape off the bed or night stand through the window onto the bumper then high diving out the smaller side window.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Pulaski , Tennessee
I like the bedroom in the rear. Less window area to create drafts in colder weather and cooler in the summer. Less glare from lights when we are parked at a WalMart or Flying J.
07' Classic 31, 11' Dodge 3500 Cummins
au_ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I got my 25 FB without the wrap around bedroom windows. That makes one heck of a difference in how dark and quiet the bedroom is. The wrap arounds are great in the back by the dinette. If you have front wrap arounds you're going to a rock shield over them all of the time, so the view is still rather obscured.

I got that wretched sideways queen, which I'm converting to twins. If you really really want a queen, I'd recommend going to the 27 FB for a true walk around queen.

Here's a side question. Where the heck do you stow dirty laundry? May be a bigger problem for a fulltimer than a part timer, but ideas anyone?

Paula
Old 04-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Pulaski , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Here's a side question. Where the heck do you stow dirty laundry? May be a bigger problem for a fulltimer than a part timer, but ideas anyone?
Paula
We stow our laundry in one side of our closet. We hang the short items on that side.
07' Classic 31, 11' Dodge 3500 Cummins
au_ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We have been considering a 25/27 rear dinette model. But does anyone find that side sofa useful for sitting? What do you use it for?

Laundry? Isn't that what the shower stall is for (when not showering, which is most of the time)?

Doug K
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
It's up to you guys, but did you know that you are answering a question that was posted 4 years ago? The original poster asked his question in Jan. of 2007 and the thread has been dead since Mar. 2007.
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I like the single all purpose bathroom in my trailer; I have read that quite a few people have been trapped in the shower, on the split bathroom models, because the inside handle/latch broke. I believe one person said his wife was stuck in the shower stall for about two hours. I like my rear queen in my 25'er. My wife is small, so getting around the back side isn't a problem for her. A 27' queen is nicer, but more trailer than I want to have/tow. Finally after remodeling our living room, our trailer is much more user friendly and comfortable than the original set-up.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:53 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Derwood , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
I use two collapsable bags (one for whites and one for darks) that stand up on their own - they pop into shape - said bags stay in the shower unless I'm in there...

As for "wheel interested" you said exactly the points I wanted to make!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
It's up to you guys, but did you know that you are answering a question that was posted 4 years ago? The original poster asked his question in Jan. of 2007 and the thread has been dead since Mar. 2007.
It's alive!! Oh well I did, actually know it was an old thread. In 2007 I had a FB and commented in this thread then and now I don't have that model and my priorities and conclusions have changed in regard to which living space I like the most and why.

You mean someone asked a question? I generally talk just because I can.

And I think John was making an update after he posted last year.

Doug we found the side lounge good for extra guests but often it was used to put stuff on or put our legs up from the dinette. We would sleep there when we had guests but never sat there. I thought it would be good to sit there with my back on the wall but the tv would interfere with that. The dog laid there.

Hey dirty laundry still happens. Mine goes either in the closet in a laundry bag or I do have a colapsable laundry basket and may put it in the shower too, depending upun space and how much laundry.

And now Bob has an custom Airstream that he did himself.

Doug the side lounge is good for guest seating or sleeping. The dog would sleep there or we would put our legs up there from the sitting at the dinette. The tv stops you from putting your back on the wall though to sit facing the rear with your legs up. We put stuff there a lot.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:25 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Derwood , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
And I think John was making an update after he posted last
It is alive...

This is relevant information and as seen, although no new posts for a year till I updated mine, lot's of folks still reading.

If this info helps one other person - Awesome....
Old 04-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #38
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFScheck View Post
It is alive...

This is relevant information and as seen, although no new posts for a year till I updated mine, lot's of folks still reading.

If this info helps one other person - Awesome....
I agree - I enjoyed reading it. Resurrections are cool.

-Chris
cms4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
Well, I'll add my 2 cents. We love our 25' FB with the wrap around windows in the front. With the added rock guards across the front windows it is very difficult for anyone to see inside the bedroom with the curtains open. We leave our curtains open during the day and still have lots of privacy. The lounge area may not be the most comfortable but we make do with it. Many times we sit at the dinette and play games. The side facing queen bed has never been a problems for us. We would replace our FB with another FB.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007 classic