Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2006 - 2010 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2019, 11:13 AM   #1

Springfield , Virginia
Buying a 2010 Classic 27FB ... Maybe

I'm meeting my son in Texas this Saturday to take a look at a 2010 Classic 27FB. Asking price is $49,995. He is a brand new pilot in the Air Force and is getting married in two weeks. He and his bride (God bless her) are hoping to live full-time in the Airstream for a couple of years. Any thoughts on the 2010 Classic 27FB and any advice with regards to what to look for during our pre-purchase inspection? Thanks.
bachmannfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #2
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to share and learn.

Regarding the inspection, one of the most important thing to check is the floor to see if there has been any water damage caused by leaks. Especially around the rear window where the floor meets the side wall. Make sure it is not soft.

Water leaks in general are a cause for concern.

Happy to hear about your son being a new pilot and his upcoming marriage.

Best wishes!
Hans627 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:56 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 31' Classic
Gulf Breeze , Florida
I second checking for leaks and moist floors. It’s a good idea to check flooring in outside compartments also.
trumpetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #4

Springfield , Virginia
So we did it. Picked up the new to my son 2010 Classic 27FB. The guys at Texas RV Outlet were great. The trailer doesn’t look brand new, but looks great for a 9-year-old Classic. Everything works well ... so far. I flew into DFW to meet him for the pickup and drive back to Del Rio. We’re spending the first night in it tonight in Austin (great park right in the middle of town - Pecan Grove). I’m sure he’ll be a regular forum visitor for hints, tips, etc.
bachmannfive is offline   Reply With Quote