Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2006 - 2010 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Spicewood , Texas
2007 owners manual

What is best way to replace a lost 2007 30 ft classic owners manual?
mbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
_

. , .
which parts?

the a/s specific pages (some would suggest it's generic) is ONLINE at the corporate website, by year and model...

the 'individual component' side of the the owner's kit can be replaced by DOWNLOADING each individual user guide...

from EACH vendor/component maker..

the fridge, heater, ac, water heater/pump, jack/stabilizers, microwave, range, fixtures, audio/video...

and most of the other major bits are online as pdf or doc files.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Sugar Land , Texas
List of AS Vendors???

I have the same issue for my 07 25FB SE. I bought it and it did not have a single user guide/manual with it. Now I'm in the process of "collecting' all the inforomation needed to replicate the "Airstream Owner's Briefcase".

I don't suppose there is a list of AS utilized vendors anywhere ,is there? I've searched the forum and not found anytihing.

SailAS
2007 SE 25FB
2001 Expedition
SailAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Spicewood , Texas
I found the owners manual online at Airstream.com. Surely someone has the brief case contents for your unit. If you bought from a dealer, would he give you the contact info for the previous owner? Otherwise maybe a friendly owner of the same unit will copy the info for you. But as you maybe aware. the exact same unit may have some minor differences in vendor list. Most of the big items will be the same. The other possibility is to list all of your major appliances, etc. and contact the manufacturer.

Good luck.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Sugar Land , Texas
Having great luck

Thanks for the guidance. I went to the AirStream site, did a quick search and found what I was looking for. Don't know why I could not find it there before. As to the vendors, I made a list of every major item in the trailer and then started the internet searchs. Have found most of the information (but not all) online for download. Suprisingly, one of the ones I could not find is the Dometic (Duo Therm) AC unit w/ heat strip. Since them an e-mail to see what Customer Service could provide.

As has been the case, Everyone on the forum is amazing. Aboslutely invaluable knowledgebase out there and unbelieveably helpful.

Can't say Thank You enough.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #6
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailAS View Post
TSuprisingly, one of the ones I could not find is the Dometic (Duo Therm) AC unit w/ heat strip...
check here....

http://www.dometic.com/enus/Americas...ducts/climate/

and search by YOUR model number (520xxx.xxx) install/parts guides ARE the original hardcopy...

comfort control center (thermostat) is there too.

the heat strip ELEMENT is an add on kit with a separate/distinct part number

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Sugar Land , Texas
No Op Manual for AC per Customer Service

This was not exactly the response I was expecting.

This is a copy and paste from my e-mail to Customer Service at Dometic about the model AC unit in the AS. They were very quick to respond:

"There is not an operations manual for the Air-Conditioner. If you can tell us which style thermostat you have, we can send an operations manual for the thermostat.

If you are in need of any Dometic refrigerator or air conditioner or A& E awning parts you can call us at 1-800-544-4881 or purchase from any dealer or Camping World location.

If we can be of any future service do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for choosing Dometic product lines.

Customer Support Center
Dometic LLC"

I've looked all over the Web site and for this model there does not appear to be much info (620515). I don't really need the operation instructions (after all it's only two knobs) but it would be nice to have a complete set of instructions.

Thanks, SailAS
Old 12-01-2009, 06:57 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Spicewood , Texas
I checked my 2007 30ft Classic airstream owners bag and did not find doc'c for operations of A/C unit so maybe there is not such a thing, my bag is very complete so I don't think its missing. I do have a couple of doc'c on the Duo-Therm "Comfort Control". One is the "User' Guide"form number 3307998.009 and one is the 'Operating Instructions" form number 3108664.032 1/01. I would be happy to copy and email these two doc's. Mike
Old 12-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Sugar Land , Texas
Duo-Therm "Comfort Control"

Mike - appreciate the offer but no need to go thru the trouble. The Safari does not have the "Comfort Control" center/thermostat and all controls are on the AC. I think the CC was an option. If I need those docs (I think that is what the Dometic Customer Service offered), I can get them from the Web site.

I did "complete" my manuals and they are now in three binders (1 for Airstream Manual and two for vendor docs). I must admit this has been an interesting and educational exercise.

Cheers, SailAS
Old 01-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Sugar Land , Texas
2007 Safari SE 25FB Manuals on file

I have found all the owner's and many of thi installation maulas for my '07 Safari now. I printed them all out and put them in 3 ring binders. I have one for the Airstream Owner's Guide and 2 more for "Vendor" manuals.

If anyone is looking for the files ,et me know and I'll forward them.

SailAS

Tags
2007 classic