Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2015, 05:08 PM   #1
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
value

Hi all:

I have a 1983 310 turbo diesel moho myself but am allways on the look out for a potential project for my friend. A 26' trailer would be ideal for his 5 person family with maybe the kids out in a tent.
I have allways suggested to him to get a complete trailer, as then you can decide what to keep, what to redo and how it all went together, BEFORE you take it apart.
I responded to this one asking about frame condition and if axles had been replaced ever to which he replied that he hadn't gotten to the frame yet and the axles are original. IF the interior is in good nick and all there, with most likely frame and subfloor issues (which doesn't scare me as I replaced most of the subfloor in my moho and renovated the interior), what value would you place on this trailer.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-traile...der/1064685764

Cheers
Tony

Its a recession when your neighbor loses his job; its a depression when you lose your own. "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
From the looks of pictures 4&5 the owner has seen the frame and outriggers and decided he is in way over his head. I would NOT pay anywhere near the asking price! I can see a major job ahead, and major costs!! I would drive over and have a look just to be sure, and you might make a smoking hot deal!!
ACI #7394
2012 GMC 2500 HD Duramax Denali
1976 31' Gone but fondly remembered
1976 22' Argosy
Hensley Hitch
CBWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #3
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
I think you're right about the frame but luckily for me he has taken the banana wrap off so I could at least take a good look at it as opposed to just guessing. Yes it would be a lot of work but I'm thinking I just might restore it as a wedding present to my daughter one day. Hopefully I have a decade to get it done as she is only 13.

I'm tempted.and crazy.

Cheers
Tony

Its a recession when your neighbor loses his job; its a depression when you lose your own. "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote