Scare light - very bright porch light - seen on newer Airstreams and SOB's
PO - previous owner
SOB - "Square old Box" or "Some Other Brand"
Aluminitis - you got it if you're on the forums. A love for all things aluminum. You may find yourself buying toasters that look like your Airstream, or choosing aluminum measuring cups over plastic.
Boondocking - camping outside of a traditional campground, without hookups
Moho - motor home
Squarestream - when Airstream went whoring in Babylon - a brief break with tradition where the company made square, more traditional trailers. Actually, the have now become iconic in a wierd way - sort of like the Edsel. They are actually nice trailers
Argosy - painted Airstreams, no longer in production
Silver Cousins - other brands that are similar to Airstream including but not limited to Silver Streaks and Avions.
Coach - can apply to either a trailer or motor coach. Often viewed as being more elegant or high classed than "trailer"
Segment - curved end sections. You cry when you dent a segment.
Glamping - glamour camping - some think all Airstreamers "glamp"
Small unit - NOT what you think. Generally refers to a short TRAILER!
WBCCI - Wally Byam Caravan Club International - Wally founded Airstream and the first caravan club. Airforums seems to be doing to WBCCI what the Republican party did to the Whigs... simply made them obsolete.
IBT - (the evil empire according to some) Most regard the ruling body of WBCCI as uber-traditionalists whose decisions are driving away the newer owners who could keep the club going. They want to reap the $$$$ benefits of long term support, and maintain absolute control.
Rivettes - women who tow their own Airstreams. Married or attached women sometimes qualify as Rivettes... you can usually spot them because they are accompanied by a man with bits of duct tape glue in his moustache
Free Wheelers - unaccompanied men or women who own Airstreams - considered to be a subgroup within WBCCI
Vintage owners - people who are artist/craftsmen and women who restore and preserve older units.
Welcome to Airforums. Informal rules (we don't need no stinkin' rules, but)
- Airstreams are male or female - they'll tell you if you listen. They all want to be named.
- Airstreams are named, and tow vehicles often are too.
- Our Airforums identities may or may not be what we call our coaches. You'll find many ironic and funny handles and quite a few that can have multiple constructions
- I'm "Foiled Again" - because I bought two new Airstreams within 2 years - (morale of the story, don't ever choose a smaller trailer just because you're unsure about towing a larger one)
- FYRZOUT - confused me until I realized he fought forest FIRES
- Thecatsandi - is "the cats and I" not "The cat Sandi"
- 2Airishuman - is "to Air is Human" not "2 Airi Shuman"
- Silverback - ape over Airstreams
Welcome - immerse yourself and learn!
Paula aka "Foiled Again"
My tow vehicle finally named herself "Queen Mary" - because of her huge turning radius - Chevy Silverado Quad Cab - Long Bed.