How to add photos to a post
Originally Posted by bwoodtx
how do i post pictures from my files
How to add a photo in the middle of a post's text
- When creating a thread or posting a reply, scroll down below the text box to the 'Additional Options' area.
- Click "Manage attachments." A separate window will pop up.
- Click "Browse." Then select the file from your computer to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 1600 x 1600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 3 Meg. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
- Click "Upload." After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
- Complete your post. Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
- Follow steps 1 through 4 of the above instructions for one or more images.
- As you are typing your post and reach a point where you want a specific image, hit 'Return' on your keyboard to give the following command its own line.
- Above the text entry window click the paperclip 'Attachments' link and select the image you wish. Text in the format [ATTACH]NNNNN[/ATTACH] will appear.
- Hit 'Return' on your keyboard to continue typing on the next line. The image will show up within the body of your post and not at the end.
About attachment storage limits
When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.
Registered members are limited to 50 MB of attachment storage for items posted to threads and posts and 100 MB for files posted to the photo gallery. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads.
Contributing members have unlimited attachment storage for threads and posts. A contributing membership is an annual commitment. If a contributing membership reverts to a standard account, loaded images will still remain, but if you have exceeded the storage limits of a standard member account (50 MB), you may be unable to load more attachments. And remember ... all images loaded to posts (regardless of your membership status) must meet the size requirement above. If they are larger, they will fail to load.
How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.
You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here at AIR in a photo gallery.
To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):
The image will appear where the url was in your text.