Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Overlander > 1965 - 1969 Overlander
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Haute-Aboujagane , New Brunswick
Does a "Hanes" like manual exist for my Overlander?

I guess this is a long shot but is there a manual for my Overlander ? I am not looking for the typical intruction manual that will show you how the toilet works but a deatailed manual with pluming and wiring diagrams . We are planning to redo most of the systems but detailed drawings and mesurments would probably be great as a reference . (I'm also thinking that a manual like this might make a great Christmas gift for my husband )
Thanks for your help !
chrisetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Not sure but AS used to have them their website?? Maybe not.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Not Exactly, but Similar Ones Exist

I think the basic answer is "No." However, there are RV manuals out there that are not one brand specific, but that are pretty helpful. I'd recommend:

"RV Repair & Maintenance Manual" by Bob Livingston and published by Trailer Life Books. It helped me tremendously in the restoration of my coach.

Almost all of these trailers are the same, when it comes to the real nuts and bolts of them. All of the systems are basically the same. There might be other books out there, but I personally found this one to be excellent and guided me to be able to fix just about everything.

I've installed a new a/c unit, a new fridge, a new water heater, new faucet in the kitchen, a new water pump (twice), repaired a cracked water tank, three new roof vents (Maxxair Deluxe that you can run in the rain), replaced all the drain/waste plumbing, redid the shower curtain install, rewired it to 50amp with a completely new panel and converter, replaced gaucho with custom made bunkbeds, converted rear twins to a rear King bed...etc. etc.

This book is a good start. I think I paid about $17 for it.

You "might" be able to call Airstream and purchase one of their actual factory service manuals. Maybe. I really don't know. I did that for a Ford T-Bird I owned....got the actual Ford Factory Service Manual. But it was very expensive, and I don't know if Airstream sells them. Doesn't hurt to call though.

Best of luck,
Old 11-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Wow thank you ! Even if the book you mentionned isn't Airstream specific it would still be a great help ! I will go look for it .
Old 11-07-2015, 03:01 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
airstream didn't start publishing a service manual until 1972 (I think). These show all the plumbing and electrical schematics for each trailer model. You can buy them from Airstream at their online store.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 03:22 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120 View Post
airstream didn't start publishing a service manual until 1972 (I think). These show all the plumbing and electrical schematics for each trailer model. You can buy them from Airstream at their online store.
A model with a size and layout similar to ours could work too , I'll check that out too .
Thanks