Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Durham , North Carolina
A/C drip pan

Recently my A/C has leaked into the inside of my '68 Airstream. I looked for a drain tube but have not been able to find one as of yet. I took the outside cover off to investigate for possible causes/solutions and didn't see a drain tube nor did I see a drip pan.

Q1: My unit is an A/C and heat (heat pump I guess) and am wondering if there should be a drip pan under the unit.

Q2: How difficult is it to remove the A/C unit to get it serviced and maybe install a drip pan?

It could be condensation but I suspect that my A/C is freezing up and the water comes inside as the it defrosts....or maybe a combination of both.

Thanks,

Pete
goswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:07 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Durham , North Carolina
Any thoughts?
goswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by goswick View Post
Any thoughts?
I bought my drip pan from a Airstream dealer, and at the time it only worked with the Pengun model. Hope this helps

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f116...ube-41076.html

toastie
toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by goswick View Post
Recently my A/C has leaked into the inside of my '68 Airstream. I looked for a drain tube but have not been able to find one as of yet. I took the outside cover off to investigate for possible causes/solutions and didn't see a drain tube nor did I see a drip pan.

Q1: My unit is an A/C and heat (heat pump I guess) and am wondering if there should be a drip pan under the unit.

Q2: How difficult is it to remove the A/C unit to get it serviced and maybe install a drip pan?

It could be condensation but I suspect that my A/C is freezing up and the water comes inside as the it defrosts....or maybe a combination of both.

Thanks,

Pete
What type of A/C unit do you have? Original Armstrong or a replacement? Which manufacturer and model?

Need to know this type of info to make any recommendation.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Without you may be mentioning to look under the wheel well near the tires...if there is a drip line it will be hanging out a few inches from under the inside....Or better yet, you might see a hole where one should be. If you DO see a drip line (a very soft rubber translucent tube)...you can blow it out with a blast of some air from an aircompresser. It is known from these forums that the hose will get blocked up at the top...ours leaked at one time and that was the fix. Blowing it out. Good luck! That is....if you find a hose or evidence of one.