Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Overlander > 1965 - 1969 Overlander
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2004, 12:05 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
1967 Overlander

Well I guess I am a member of the Overlander club. They seem to be the most prolific model made by Airstream. TomW can vouch for me on the ownership and work ahead. So other than Tom and I how many 1967 Overlander's are out there?? Speak up and be counted!!

I plan on having the poor thing back on the road this summer.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:25 PM   #2

Yeah, I think I bought one of these today. First Airstream for me. My Dad was working for Phillips Industries in '66 and '67when they were first developing the tempered glass windows.
This thing is in Really Good shape for a 67. Not gross or cruddy inside. Bathroom is a little weird, but I think we can restore everything pretty easy. Wish me luck.
bofahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:24 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Klamath , California
I have a 1967 Overlander. It is the two twin beds with a dinnette in the front and bath in the rear. I am working my nerve up to begin refurbishing it. My goal is to do the work while I am still working and have $$. It was given to us, so I don't have any out-of-pocket cost yet, but I can easily see several thousand dollars of repairs. Does anyone out there have a total of what they invested in refurbishing their 1967 Overlander.
Sregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Pleasanton , California
Well today is the day! Our 67 overlander international 26fter will be arriving from FL we do fully know the true condition until it arrives. According to the salesman and the pics the number on it is 15 it has the double bed configuration in the middle but the mattress has been replaced and it has new carpet which coming from the RE industry makes me wonder what are they covering up, but positively speaking we are so excited she is ours! We are completely new to ASing and trailering so the adventure begins!
TinRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
67 Overlander

Congratulations!!! We just acquired a 1969 27' Overlander from out of state. Went to the California DMV yesterday....we need to we have a weight certificate from a public scale and have to take the trailer to the DMV to be inspected. The clerk could not find the right classification for a "travel trailer" so she called it a "park trailer" for now....We have to install a brake controller on our TV and then we can make these trips that are necessary for registering in our Golden State....we paid the registration fees so as to not incur penalties......Let us hear about your new project when it arrives. pjpoll
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:41 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Well ? So how does it look ? Post some pics, we're all dyin' here !
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:48 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Pleasanton , California
Well our Tin Ritz arrived early this morning and I can safely safe that it is far from the Ritz at this point. The not so reputable dealer said it had: original windows NOT, original manuals NOT, keys NOT, one small dent in skin NOT, all appliances functional, we we are NOT willing to go willynilly trusting any of that info just yet! We'll be able to check things out better over the weekend after we have cleaned her. Oh yeah when I opened the door under the stove there was a stowaway Lizzard or Salamandar, Gray with green eyes big and kinda weird looking so now I feel bad about this little guy that has been relocated out of his climate and how I'm gonna get im outta there I don't know.
Does anyone know where I can get a 1967 overlander international owners manual? I figure I should start there!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:50 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Pleasanton , California
I'll take some pics over the weekend and post
Old 06-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Phoenix , Arizona
Hello everyone, I am kinda new to the forums and would like some advice. Does anyone know how well built the 1967 AS Overlander Twin 26' is built? A neighbor has one for sale and it is in great condition, everything works and is original. Can someone give men a ballpark figure on what they are selling for? Is there anything that I have to be aware of with this year and model? Again, any information and advice would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks for your time and help.
Regards,
Bob
Bob J. Mariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sregon View Post
I have a 1967 Overlander. It is the two twin beds with a dinnette in the front and bath in the rear. I am working my nerve up to begin refurbishing it. My goal is to do the work while I am still working and have $$. It was given to us, so I don't have any out-of-pocket cost yet, but I can easily see several thousand dollars of repairs. Does anyone out there have a total of what they invested in refurbishing their 1967 Overlander.
Hello Peggy, I am thinking of buying a 1967 AS Overlander this week, it's in great shape with all original materials and appliances. I was just wondering what the going price is for that model and year in great working condition? Thanks and good luck with yours.
Bob
Bob J. Mariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:33 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Derby , Kansas
Hi Bob, Here's some info that might help a small bit: Price vs. Condition - Airstream Values

Even though you say the trailer is in all original working condition, you should plan on spending at least a few hundred dollars on it somewhere. There are things that wear out no matter how good it is taken care of.

Check the curved side windows and screens, make sure the windows are glass and not plastic. Glass replacement windows run around $200.00 a piece not including shipping, and not including your labor. If the water pump is original, you would probably want to update it. The toilet valve can sometimes not be repaired if leaking, and a new toilet runs around $200.00. just a few examples. Check the exterior lights and lenses to make sure they are in good working condition.
Study as much as you can, before making your final offer. Do the brakes work, does it have a spare wheel and tire? Check the wall lights in the living room area and the bedroom. Does it have a working roof Air cond.? The article I mentioned says $3800,00 to $6500.00, I paid $5500.00 for mine and by the time I took it out camping for the second time had spent at least another 700.00.
The advantage you have, (which is recommended by me after my experience) is that the trailer is where you can really check it out thoroughly. I found mine on the internet and after many E-mails and pictures made a deal to pick it up out of state. We really like ours, but I was told it was all original, and later found out that the side windows had been replaced with plastic. I was upset at this discovery. The most unique thing about a 66-68 is the side windows.
Check for floor rot under the water heater and toilet, and under the carpet by the front door. Does the original door lock have keys? There are many things to look at that can make a difference in the price.. Hope any of this info helps.
There is nothing that can't be fixed (if you are a handyman, and can make the time to do it). Good luck, let us know what you end up doing.
todcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1967, 1967 overlander