Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2003, 03:07 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Water damage/Correct weatherstripping

Brett G & Andy,
Thank you for descriptive and informative replies.
Andy, I have the required measurements and am ready to order via telephone. Who should I ask for to speak with in the parts department. I am sure all of your employees are knowledgable, just wondering if there is someone well versed in this particular area. On my Sovereign, each window has two weatherstrips. One in the window opening and a thinner one on the inside of the window frame that holds the glass. Is this how it should be or is one weatherstrip all that is needed (the part number 45295 that you mentioned)? If so, where is the correct place to mount it? What I am trying to ask with questionable effectiveness is this a case of the previous owner trying to improve things? I don't have an original window setup to look at. Does the weatherstrip go on just the frame, or just in the window opening, or both?
One more question... do the compartment doors use the same weatherstrip material? And, what about the water heater compartment door?
I have looked at your website and read much information here, but without an original to look at and only one week's worth of Airstream experience, I have many questions.
I do thank you for your time and patience in answering these newbie questions!!!

Thanks so much to all for your help and patience

Toby
tontoterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 05:20 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Water damage/Correct weatherstripping

Greetings
I called Inland, spoke to Bear, very helpful. Together she and I picked out all the needed items to stop my windows from leaking and causing damage to my floor. Iwill post updates in the window forum. Since I'm replacing all the exterior opening gaskets perhaps my experience will be beneficial to some one else. I hope so.

Thanks a bunch
Toby
tontoterra is offline   Reply With Quote