Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2006, 07:31 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Marysville , Pennsylvania
Video of popping the shell off of a 64 Globetrotter

Here is a link to my webpage detailing the renovation of my 64 Globetrotter using a late 50's Caravanner layout. Towards the bottom of the page is a link for a video of the shell being popped off.

Enjoy

Andrew

http://www.theseeker.com/about/albums.html
everyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Looked all over for the video link, never found it.
soldiermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
If you open the "Globetrotter" folder on the first page, then scroll down about 3/4 of the way, there is a photo of the GT with the heading about video. It started to open an "MPEG" file, but was slow, and I don't have the time now. Good luck,
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #4
Craftsman

Very nice. You guys must be close, we're in Hydes Maryland. I see you're trying to decide between White or Red Oak. Use White if you can find it with some quater sawn for cabinet face frames, much nicer than Red. Red Oak has been over used. Would make a really nice interior.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
I downloaded the file to my hard drive and ripped it for my iPod - This will give me inspiration for doing this to our '54 Cruiser. Thanks for posting that.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:31 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman
Use White if you can find it with some quater sawn for cabinet face frames, much nicer than Red. Red Oak has been over used. Would make a really nice interior.
I agree completely. I've lived with red oak in two different kitchens across 27 years and will be making a change. White is a much more classic look!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Marysville , Pennsylvania
Thank you for your comments on the video. I updated the page to make the video link stand out more. It is fairly large and will take some time to download.

I appreciate the input in the red/white oak debate. Any other good wood choices or thoughts on that would be welcomed.

Andrew
everyman is offline   Reply With Quote