Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2022, 01:02 PM   #1

1972 27' Overlander
Greencastle , Pennsylvania
Treating Subfloor

Hello everyone, newbie here.

I have a '72 Overlander Airstream. I took up the floor knowing there was once a mice infestation. I currently have the back piece of subfloor out, revealing the frame underneath. I would appreciate any advice on how you treated you subfloor to avoid wood rot, along with having a long lasting subfloor. In addition, does anyone have suggestions on the fixing up the frame? It is in good shape, besides rusting. Should I get some rust remover and paint it to avoid future, extensive rusting?

I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions!
izzywink7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 01:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Oak Creek , Colorado
can you get some pictures of the frame&floor??
for my subfloor replacement i used ACX 5/8 plywood & treated it with penetrating epoxy.
my frame was mostly rotted away so that was mostly replaced as well. the floor will long outlast me.
good luck with your project!
Dingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote