Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
I guess I'm reluctant to take the bellypan off because every small project that I've started on the trailer has turned into a big one. My husband & I were under there last year (the trailer, that is!) and started to take some screws out. A bunch of them were rusted & broke off. We were trying to look at the plumbing, but discovered we could access it through the back bumper & didn't have to take the bellypan off after all. Anyhow, it looked like a gasline was under there that would probably break if we moved it, and whatever else could go wrong probably would! As far as the axels, my husband is a farmer and has dealt with lots of axels on trailers. He thinks they're good. Also, some people of this forum have posted pictures of where the wheels should be in relation to the skirt & mine look pretty high as they should. We don't travel very far in her (probably only 300 miles a year), but when we do, she seems to tow really nicely. Maybe that's because I towed a 26' hugemongus bunkhouse before & this seems like nothing. Maybe I'll look into the fiberscope!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote