Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberphotos View Post
To be driving behind the "Mouse Mobile" as your wife jumps out would have been interesting...
Uberphotos,
The good new is she was going down the driveway and kept enough wits about her to run along side the car, reach in, and yank the emergency brake. Soon after that incident the car was traded in on one without mice. If she ever finds a mouse in one of our Airstreams I am sure she will not stay in it anymore or I will have to trade it in. She HATES mice that much!
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Kalamazoo , Michigan
I got it...I got it...I got it!!! (there can only be one...right...)
Old 06-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
My guess is that if there is mouse pee in the floor insulation, it's also in the wall insulation. Mice don't just confine themselves to the belly pan...if you have had mice, you have to assume they were everywhere. Bummer.
Shari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbiteer View Post
My '73 had Norway Rats once upon a time AND mice right up to my purchase, removing pan and floor insulation did not stop the rat 'musk' fog until I Kilz stain-blocker painted the entire floor underside except a 6-inch perimeter at edges and painted the spars, frame and outriggers.

What I need to communicate (without grossing you out) is the forced air ducts act as mouse super-highways. The galvanized steel ducts seem to preserve the trails left by incontinent mice; my ductwork had dung dunes built up. There are places you can inspect duct interiors - I suggest you check them out ASAP...

I am committing to pulling entire interior liners - its a mouse habitrail condominium!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberphotos View Post
I got it...I got it...I got it!!! (there can only be one...right...)
Sorry to be the bearer of this news but there's more where that ONE came from! I would definitely agree with Wabbiteer and Shari there aren't many places these critters don't inhabit. I found evidence, mummified no less, of them throughout my trailer including inside the duct work. Once you have cleaned up the mess sealing THEM out seems to be the next step! Do continue the story. I'm a few steps behind you looking on in the process. Luckily I'll be replacing the floors.

“Complications arose, ensued, were overcome...savvy?”
- Captain Jack Sparrow
monocoque is offline   Reply With Quote