Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-26-2018, 07:03 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1972 23' Safari
Middletown , Rhode Island
Nice work

Nice job, I need to do this on the opposite side of my 72 safari. The floor is rotted out under my dinette seating about 2ft by 1ft. You can't see it or walk on it because its covered so I guess that's a good thing, for now. Doh!
Mx468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:48 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Carleton , Michigan
Thank You Mx468! Being in Rhode Island you have winters like us. We just got back to using our trailer after years of it sitting. So I needed to go after this project thru the winter to not miss any camping time. I found that on days above freezing outside, a small electric space heater made it toasty inside and possible to get work done.

Next winter I am planning on changing out my patched up plumbing with Pex.
Argosy man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:45 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1972 23' Safari
Middletown , Rhode Island
Yeah I already did the pex install, just need to add a working furnace and my maxx air fan then I should be good to go. (Except the floor fix) I'll get to that at the end of summer.
Mx468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 01:44 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Colorado Springs , Colorado
Just stumbled upon this thread while looking for info on another Argosy fix. I full-time in my 1976 Argosy 26 and have the exact same hole on the stern side of the door!! My super fancy patch is a small piece of sheet metal that slides perfectly under the cabinet and covers the hole, which thankfully hasn't gotten bigger in the past 6 years. I replaced the countertop and ripped out the nonfunctioning furnace a few years ago and at least on that side of the door that appeared to be the extent of the rot. Y'all are making me feel better -- I've tried and tried to seal whatever causes the leaks on both side of the door, to no avail. This thread also gave me hope that if I ever decide to replace the rotten bit of floor that it doesn't mean a shell off job. Thank you!
Argosynaut is offline   Reply With Quote