Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Walker , Louisiana
Rear sag

I put a post where my rear floor is rotted and I did a temp fix with fiberglass to get mE through 2 trips.how do you repair rear sag?
Treyladut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
That is a question that needs more than a short post to answer.
If you have a rear bath model, it is more involved to repair than if you have a rear bedroom model.
You can find a lot of info here on the forum by doing a single-word search for "separation", "sag" and "rot".
Old 03-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Walker , Louisiana
I Have a rear bath model.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Walker , Louisiana
Reading these rear sag Issues have me kind of nervous about using my camper to go camping Easter weekend.I don't how long it has been like that.my trip is about 300 miles round trip.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Go camping. It will still be there when you get back. If you have a scissor jack, take it along and place it in the center of the rear bumper when you get set up. Raise the jack just enough to support the rear bumper. This will prevent the rear from sagging more when you walk into the bath. Empty the holding tank prior to making the return trip.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

salzburg , salzburg
i'm with twinkie on that enjoy it and then start the work! it won't fall apart, mine had the whole rear frame rusted out but the body holds it all together!
mrgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Tool Hoarder

Currently Looking...
West , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreen View Post
i'm with twinkie on that enjoy it and then start the work! it won't fall apart, mine had the whole rear frame rusted out but the body holds it all together!
My trailer was towed from the East Coast to California with the rear street side support completely gone and it was fine. I would address the issue soon though there are plenty of threads that cover this. Use the search function in this thread, type "separation fix" and read.
marzboy is offline   Reply With Quote