Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1986 32' Excella
Surrey , British Columbia
Nyloboard / Nylosheet

Hello
I believe that I have read every post on this product. Has anybody used this product to replace a complete subfloor and do you have picturies of the install.
Some people have done bathrooms, or section repairs with nyloboard and it sounds like it has worked great.
I have an 1986 Excella 32 ft with OSB and I just found out that it has a very bad leak and the floor is damaged.
Thanks in advance.
Reese
silverhilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
Nylosheet as its know as these days has minimum order amounts and freight shipping charges from Covington, GA 30014. If you could get a group purchase going there'd still probably be a hit for Duties at the Canadian Border since British Columbia is probably the plywood Capitol of North America these days.

Other than all that it would probably set your '86 up until its iron content turned to dust...
Old 10-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #3
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I tried to use it for a job. I had a salesman willing to work with me and he got canned or left. His replacement was less than willing to work with me and the minimum requirement was astounding. I think it would be a great product, unfortunately their pricing, minimums and distribution system is going to kill it before it even has a chance.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1962 22' Safari
Augusta , Georgia
Earlier this summer I tried to talk with the factory and got sent to distributor in NC. I leave about 90 miles away and was driving past Covington twice a month with an empty trailer. The quoted price got 10 sheets was over $250 per sheet. I could never get a firm price on one solid piece 22-ft long.

I'm trying to decide between marine grade plywood or advantech. (I've read all the posts on both). Still have couple of weeks before I have to pull the trigger and I recently stumbled onto a 1969 Caravel that is tempting to deplete my renovation fund.
DGJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1986 32' Excella
Surrey , British Columbia
Thanks for the feed back.
I assumed from the web site that the company was in full production and getting the sheets would just be a matter of pay and go.
Being in British Columbia we do get our share of rain. although we have just gone 60 plus days without rain and have had very warm temps.
So,
Kind of ironic I just found a huge soft spot in the floor under the lino that I put in about 6 years ago.
Thanks Reese
silverhilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:49 AM   #6
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Thanks for the updated thread & info.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote