Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2015, 01:17 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
The Woodlands , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
The factory installs the vinyl before installing cabinets and walls. So did then just cut the sheet around the kitchen and interior walls? Did they put any quarter round on the edges of the cabinets and interior walls. Did they glue the sheeting down?

Kelvin
Yes, they were able to cut the sheet around the kitchen and interior walls - everything else was taken out. I was impressed, I certainly don't have the skills to do a job like that. I'm not sure what the quarter round is, but the new sheeting was glued down.
LesMesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:10 PM   #22
Continents Collide

1985 32' Excella
Spring , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesMesa View Post
A quick update to the thread I started last month - I took the Airstream into Carey's RV, as several Airstream owners provided me with positive recommendations, and Carey's is conveniently located for me.

I had to wait two weeks to get the Airstream in, and the repairs took about three weeks. I could not be happier with both the price and result. The subfloor from the rear windows all the way to the refrigerator was replaced. Unfortunately for me, the floor in my Airstream was no longer in production, so the entire vinyl floor had to be replaced so that it matched throughout.

All work was done to a high standard and Carey's went the extra mile to ensure all leaks and potential leaks were caulked. I want to pass this recommendation along in case anyone else needs repairs in the Houston area. I will be using Carey's for all my future repair and maintenance needs.

We got the Airstream back Friday afternoon and took it up to to Hill Country for the three day weekend to enjoy!

Do you mind me asking an approximate cost? We are in the market for one in the beginning stages of rear end separation and wondered what it would cost us.

Thank you so much!
continentsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:37 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
The Woodlands , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by continentsco View Post
Do you mind me asking an approximate cost? We are in the market for one in the beginning stages of rear end separation and wondered what it would cost us.

Thank you so much!
Resealing all of the area where leaks may be possible, and replacing the floor was, if I remember correctly, about $4,500. A lot of money, but when I started thinking about all of the labor involved, I was quite happy with the price. It's also given us a camper that was been leak free for the last 2.5 years.

Good luck with your repair!
LesMesa is offline   Reply With Quote