Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Groveport , Ohio
Is this standard layout

Hello everyone,I have removed my wet bath to replace the rear 4' of sub-floor.Are these cuts standard in this channel or did they miss the layout on the rear crossmember.I have to replace member and should I move it back 1/2" or keep all as well and reuse existing holes.I could not find any info here on this.I do not have the bottom channel is it wise to install.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	as+rj-58 004.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	35255  
bertro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertro
Hello everyone,I have removed my wet bath to replace the rear 4' of sub-floor.Are these cuts standard in this channel or did they miss the layout on the rear crossmember.I have to replace member and should I move it back 1/2" or keep all as well and reuse existing holes.I could not find any info here on this.I do not have the bottom channel is it wise to install.
Bumping this one up. Sorry I can't answer, but there are those that can
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertro
No that is not standard. I would wait and see what everything looks like after it is all taken apart. If it's anything like my 71 there was two sets of bolts, one held the plywood down only ( these were under the channel) and the others went through both the plywood and the channel. I would not change the location of the channel, as this will cause all kinds of alignment problems with the inner and outer skins. get it apart and cleaned up then make your decision if you need to drill new holes or not. You do need the channel, as it is what the bottom of the inner and outer skin rivet to

Kip
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote