Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2005 22' International CCD
Aliso Viejo , California
Hi,
I replaced the flooring in my 2005 22' International. I didn't do under the kitchen counter but did do under the bed, closet, and nightstand. I did quarter round down the length of the kitchen and it looks fine. I painted it back to match it. Feel free to PM and I can send pictures. Wasn't too hard. The existing linoleum is just stapled down so its easy to get out. I replaced with marmoleum as its natural.
Davern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Vacant space to work on your airstream

We should do another "women towing" rally - especially if "Lar-rita" would show up in drag again! I think they're probably going to Alumapalooza.

I've been busy, and finally the economy seems to be turning around. Business is good. I'm heading to New Bern NC the first week in May for some personal vay-cay. Spring is wet after a hot start.

During our last flirt with a hurricane I moved 250 miles inland - and later found that a local storage facility would have rented me a covered space for the duration for about $60. As it turned out the owner and I have become acquainted and he would be willing to rent the space on a month-to-month lease for $250 - that has 14 foot high doors and is 40 feet long. The great deal? I'd have to agree to clear out fast if someone else wanted the space.

He's got about 20 units that size sitting empty and would even wink at it if I stayed there overnight as he's got a few businesses operating out of his bigger units. (sort of sweet for me since I can solicit business from his clientele.)

I know the economy in Canada is different, and Virginia Beach really got caught with a lot of vacant space as the economy collapsed, but anyone considering doing a big reno themselves should consider finding out if there is good commercial space available. You can get a lot more work done inside with all of the tools secure and available. Other tenants include a welder, and a custom cabinet maker - and a company that sells and rents scaffolding and hydraulic lifts. Talk about a happy hunting ground!

I'll probably rent it for a week just to do the semi-annual "reseal it routine. I don't tan, I burn - and six hours on the roof of an Airstream in the Virginia Sun - I'd need to be basted twice! I also want to make both of my Fantastics bi-directional - not that this should be more than an hour's work.

Paula
Old 04-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Ladybug-- that design is so perfect, Airstream should adopt it. Choosing to laminate in aluminum makes it so seamless. Airstream should bring back this layout, but with your modifications. Loved your comment about polishing the vintage trailer! ha ha ha! Paul always comments about how he'd love one so that he could polish it! I'm all about the interior . . . polishing can wait.

Tim-- I love the new floor. Great choice. But, oh so much work! We continue to deal with the wavy lino every spring, and by late summer it settles down. Everyone in our area seems to deal with it too because our temps are so extreme. Oh well. Still love the Airstream!

Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Portland , Oregon
Shelves....

Sorry i took so long to get this photo up, we had been on the road for three weeks. Just getting settled home again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
OMG Tim - does that mean I have to do all that to mine? I will be living in a tent all summer for sure.

I am very concerned thought about the floor - I guess I can drop the belly pan and have a look from underneath to see if I have any broken outriggers.

Can you show me your shelves you put in the closet? I was thinking of just putting some portable ones in that I can remove when not staying long term and use the bins when I travel.

Thanks for the reminder on the awning too - I will need to get up there and re-seal the length and all the vents Our winters do amazing things about shrivelling them up - that is where I was having a leak before. I would say most leaks all come from the roof don't they?

Here is a link to where I posted the reno we did - took out the dinette.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...29663-213.html post #2980
I liked the design of the pull out couches in the 23' models - but wanted something different for the tables. Want versatility I only ever use one no opportunity to use both thus far. Now I use the second table as an extension to the back desk. I have made a slide out support that the table sits into - that way I can still use it if I need both tables set up for dinner with company...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2203_sm.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	157961  
bicio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
The closet looks great. Did you use L-brackets to attach the shelves?
Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

Portland , Oregon
Closet Mounting

I just cut 4 1x3 strips of pre-primed wood, dry wall screwed them to the walls of the closet, added some reinforcements angle brackets to the closet / shell of camper for the added weight, and then cut some pre-laminated boards from home depot to fit. Much better than shoving everything under the bed.

-t
bicio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International CCD
San Luis Obispo , California
Wow, what great ideas! We've been thinking about a modification to our dinette, but didn't know quite what to do. GT's layout is just what we were looking for. This entire thread has inspired me to make some needed changes to our 22' CCD.
wbrownrr is offline   Reply With Quote