Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2022, 10:16 AM   #1

1974 31' Sovereign
Fort Worth , Texas
Floor Bow Issues

Hey all! Currently working on a subfloor replacement on a '69 land yacht and the replacement floor bows that were ordered (104463) don't seem to follow the same curve as the original bows. I've attached pictures for reference (subfloor was cut to the curve from the original bows). Was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue.
TXEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:47 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
1961 28' Ambassador
1968 26' Overlander
Lakewood , Colorado
Hello, how to try to help here... '69 is the first year ot the "wide body" trailers and I believe also the first year for the "F" channel. This makes it almost mandatory to do a shell-off floor job or to cut up the floor panels to get them in. I have done the latter for partial floor jobs. The floor, channel and shell all meet to fit properly, measurements or patterns are recommended to ensure proper fit. This is all probably obvious, what to do about it? If you feel the original channel is properly sized and shaped then try to make the new channel conform to that. Personally I would cut it into a couple pieces if that seemed to help. Pics might help, how far off is it?
Good luck, Mark D
mrdes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:55 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Terrell , North Carolina
I had the same issue with a 76 argosy, I have to make relief cuts in the F channel now on the front and back to match the original. The new bows were bought from OODM.
dhbinkley is offline   Reply With Quote