Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-25-2017, 08:12 AM   #41
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
New plumbing should be able to handle 100 psi for short periods. You really need a pressure gage installed on the low pressure side of the regulator, so you can see if the regulator is still working. Another option is to install a relief valve and if the pressure is too high, it will dump it overboard. When those regulators get dirt in them they leak and the pressure builds up when there is no water flow. Once you start flowing water it works fine. This is still a warranty issue.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:20 AM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Austin , Texas
Insist that repair department does a pressure test to detect ALL leaks... air pumped inside via fan vent while soapy water is sprayed over the body and seam by seam, rivet by rivet is checked. Plumbing pressure test too.

Paula[/QUOTE]

Update on this Paula. We have spoken at length to Randy at AS who is trying to help us. JC could do the repairs Jan 30th but they are claiming that the local AS dealer (I live in Austin) can do the repair as well which would save me a lot of $ in the transport to/ from since it’s a 2 week repair and I have to be at home.

When I mentioned the pressure tests the local dealer says that they will only do the rivet by rivet test if Airstream is willing to pay for that test. So waiting to hear back. Do you have any idea what a test like that costs ? The soapy water test ?

My argument to AS is it’s Cheaper insurance for them than paying to have another leak fixed.