I used ProSource Puzzle Exercise ¾”, Interlocking Eva Foam Tiles Floor Work Gym Mat.
- These have good thermal stability: they do not appear to expand or contract with temperature.
- They are softer than a faux hardwood floor. If necessary, the kids or their friends can sleep comfortably on the floor in sleeping bags.
- Super easy to clean, one can even easily remove a square and take it outside to hose it down
- So easy to install, a ruler, straight edge and box cutter is all you need.
- Insulating properties: floor stays comfortable in bare feet.
- Water resistant. Spills easily cleaned, doesn't stain.
- Durable. Have held up well in 100+ degrees and below freezing.
- Affordable at twice the price! I think I did the whole trailer for under $60.
- If they ever are damaged, quickly, easily and cheaply replaced.
- Available in wide selection of colors and textures, I chose a modern dark grey and light grey and installed in a cool checkerboard pattern.
Cons? If you like the look of a wood floor, this doesn't look like a wood floor, unless you get the ones that have a faux wood texture printed on them, which honestly, looks ridiculous, IMHO. You've seen cheap wood grain contact paper stuck on products? Like that, only worse.