Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Birmingham , Alabama
Bathroom floor removal

Well, we are in the home stretch. We have replaced the floors in the front of our 31 ft 1985 excella. Now we are on the back. The bathroom Is in the middle. I have removed all of the floor in the bathroom and carefully used the drimmel tool to cut around the metal plate that the toilet rested on.

I removed the toilet. The floor is gone except for the approx 1 foot square metal thing. Then in the middle of that, I have a black circle thing the toilet sits on. It has about 6 screws that won't budge.

Any advice. My plan for tomorrow is to remove that and replace the floor with marine plywood and I assume put the metal plate and circle thing back.
Where do I start?

Thanks for helping a non-plumber.

Treva
Tartimisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 22
1975 31' Sovereign
Okotoks , Alberta
I think the "ring" you are referring to is glued to the inlet on the black tank.
I just went through this last week and I ended up cutting the floor out in pieces then found out the black tank is cracked .
Okotoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotoks View Post
I think the "ring" you are referring to is glued to the inlet on the black tank.
I just went through this last week and I ended up cutting the floor out in pieces then found out the black tank is cracked .
Oh no! Well it took some work but we got it off. We ordered the wrong flange so we are waiting on the new one to get here. It's a slow process butt hopefully it will better than new when we are finished. Thanks for the message
Tartimisi is offline   Reply With Quote