Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Mark Speir

2007 27' Classic FB
Cedar Crest , New Mexico
Argosy Floor replacement

Hello, I finally made it! after looking for years I settled on an older 1975 Argosy trailer. I'm planning to refurbish it over the next several months and am highly capable in most trades. Having said this, I still have not done a few things before like replacing the floor in an Airstream; so, I'm asking for the voice of experience.... Wood working skills are not a problem, nor are woodworking shop tools... so does the trailers outer body have to be raised to perform this, or has anyone found a way to avoid this? Maybe if there are fasteners going through and into the wood could a Multimaster tool be used to cut them and then slide the plywood out?
Any advice or experience/pictures out there?
mspeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Mark Speir

2007 27' Classic FB
Cedar Crest , New Mexico
Through diligent searching using the forum search tools, I have found the information I had been hoping for. No need to reply, I'm deep into the floor replacement with the shell on..... with the right tools it is not too rough.....
mspeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 26
1973 Argosy 26
Fairmont , West Virginia
Send me a link to what you have found helpful as that I am beginning next week on ours!
shermantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #4

Creswell , Oregon
Hi! New member, first post! I'm going to get a 1972 Streamline 28' tomorrow. It needs some floor replacement. I can't wait to get started!
White Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote