Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
'73 TW Wet Bath Floor issues

I looked at a 73 Tradewind with a wet bath. As soon as I walked in i felt the floor flex substantially (was worked I'd crack the material) so I assumed the floor underneath was seriously compromised. I went outside and checked for separation by standing up/down on the rear end (I'm 270 lbs so this was a good test). While I'm not an expert on this test, I didn't detect any give in the shell it was moving with the rear frame with maybe a very slight give.

The question is: the wet bath was relatively small - does it make the floor repair/replacement any easier or will I end up having to remove the rear cabinets/slide out gaucho in addition to the wetbath to make the repairs.
my3sonsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
My ’72 has the same condition. The rear end and frame is solid as well.
I had water leaks and the floor would be damp after a good rain. I’ve repaired all the water leaks but the damage has been done.
With everything sitting on top of the shower pan it looks like it will be a major project to remove everything to inspect the floor. I’ve contemplated dropping the belly pan and seeing if I can assess the damage from below.
Got outer things to do higher on the list.

Good luck,
Tom

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote