Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
spanish fort , Alabama
'70 Overlander Toilet Location

I am getting ready to put my floor back in and need to make sure of the exact location of the hole for the toilet (rear bath). I had notes of it but somehow my lab got hold of my notebook and the rest is history, I think I have it pretty close from when I made my templet but just want to make sure. If anyone has the measurements from the last piece of plywood in the back or off the frame rail I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Michael
tripod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Sorry, I am not catching something here:

If you have NOT YET put in the floor, all you need to know is that the toilet sits directly on the flange that you will screw into the black tank.

That should be obvious with no floor present...?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
spanish fort , Alabama
I dont have the original black tank, as I am adding a gray tank.. I got it figured out though. thanks anyway
tripod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
ARLINGTON , TEXAS
Send a message via Skype™ to WILDRTEXAS
Dude, Seriously???
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion...

Taylor 1/20/96 - 11/28/08

WILDRTEXAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:45 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Oxford, , Mississippi
I would strongly suggest that you put your floor in first before you cut the hole. Then, put your fixtures in place in the bath so you can position the toilet exactly where it needs to be. Step on the flush valve and make a mark on the new floor in the dead center of the hole in the toilet. Cut the hole in the floor and be careful to get in just large enough for the flange to fit so it will be tight. Then, put the new black tank in from the bottom, get it exactly where it needs to be and mark the top of the black tank through the hole in the floor and then the fitting on your new tank will be in the right position. This will assure you 1) have the toilet where it needs to be inside the bathroom, in my TW it was very tight 2) the hole and flange in the black tank will be positioned exactly. Had I used the measurements from my old black tank or the old floor the new toilet would not have been located properly.
68 Trade Wind
2001 Toyota Tundra
68 TWind is offline   Reply With Quote