1973 rehab less than full monte
I have threatened to start a thread on my renovation of a 1973 Tradewind. With all the great and complete threads out there I donít know what more I can add but when I have something that could be of interest I will post it.
I want to do the job of getting this trailer in shape right but I donít want to have the trailer off the road for too long. I want to get this one up and out and about and find another to do the dream, as has been written about. Waiting for book to arrive.
Anyway, below are a few pictures of how I got access to the bolts and screws in the C channel in the rear bathroom that I believe has kept me from going up and having to disassemble the window frame etc. to remove the center panel.
What I did was use a Fein multi tool to cut the panel about 6 inches up from the floor. I used a straight edge when I could and back it with a quarter inch piece of plywood to keep cutter away from what I couldnít see, when I could.
After the floor is put in and elevator bolted down, I will slide some 10Ē painted aluminum flashing up under the panels and rivet it. It will have a good overlap. It will then be covered by what goes in front of it. Either the original black tank if I go that way or a platform of some sort if I donít, choosing to go with the black tank under the floor. The shower and closet will cover the rest.
Anyway maybe it will help someone. By the way, I used to think the multi tool was a gimmicky tool sold to DIYers with high hopes. Well, I was wrong this tool is helping me get the job done all over the place. Look at it in use for cutting into the belly pan to open it up for a grey tank. Me like it.
Rogue River, Oregon