Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Ambassador > 1974 - 1979 Ambassador
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
2021 25' Globetrotter
2007 Interstate
Little Rock , Arkansas
Eric,
Thanks a BUNCH for your reply. It is very encouraging. As you describe your cabinetry it sounds identical to mine.

Quote:
The electronic panel, in our installation, nested inside the quarter-round coping/reinforcement extrusion that runs the full length of that top shelf. It will capture the electronic panel to within 1/16" - 1/8" of the buttons.
If I understand you correctly, you're saying the front end-cap on the bottom shelf of the china cabinet will fit over the RM2820 control panel, but still allow access to the buttons?

Thanks for the detail of your reply describing the best way to access the fridge for R & R (removal/replacement). I've had the RM100 out a couple of times for previous repairs/burping/etc. Tired of all that, which is why we are going new for a while. Anyway, I'm familiar with removal of bulkhead---you resist, thinking it's too much disassembly; then you go ahead and do it and realize that was the way to go all along.
2021 25' Globetrotter FT, 2006/07 Interstate
2010 GMC 2500HD Sierra Crew 4x Diesel
duckdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:04 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
CONCORD , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to Erik Olson
Found someone selling those harder-to-find bunk bed keyhole slotted brackets...

http://airstreamsupply.com/New-Airst...ed-alum-340012
Erik Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 12:11 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
CONCORD , North Carolina
Updating this long-neglected thread!

Photos of Ohana 74 the day she came back from her year-long spa treatment at Capital City Customs, in North Carolina. The list of work done since last posts is... well, a lot!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8uMSMjU24A1vf8HY8
Old 08-26-2021, 05:04 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Erik,
Just looked up capital city based on your mention on the other thread, they do very nice work and your ambassador absolutely beautiful.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 12:32 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Sunset Beach , North Carolina
Hi Erik. I am glad you posted, I have not seen those white vent-like items that are mounted on the rear part of your roof. Are those plumbing vents? If so, did you have to re-route the vent lines to mount those?

Is there a thread where I could see any installation activities?

Thanks
Mike
Bauxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 06:13 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
CONCORD , North Carolina
Mike,

The stack that was in the curbside closet was definitely moved to make way for the new shower, which occupies that entire closet footprint, and some of the original rear bath tub area. Will see if they have some progress photos that tell the tale.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:52 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
CONCORD , North Carolina
UltraLounge Interior Modifications 2022

After much procrastination, I've finally updated the front of the Ambassador, into what we fondly call the "UltraLounge."

In spite of this design being undertaken in an almost complete vacuum, the outcome is very much akin to the floorplans you'll find in brand new Airstream Globetrotter 27FB models.

The plan configures in three ways:
  • UltraLounge U-Shape + Game Table
  • Curbside + Streetside Couch with Dining Table
  • Full Size (Residential Dimensions) Bed and Streetside Loveseat

As always, the upholstery work is accomplished with Dale Ray Fabrics, in Kannapolis, NC. With new 6" automotive grade foam (sewn to 5" finishes) and stain resistant fabric, these are lofty and comfortable for sitting and sleeping, alike.

Tables are finished in new Wilsonart NeoWalnut with the excellent Sequoia locking supports. Both tables can lock into the wall at the front of the trailer, and have heavy-duty 14" folding legs, which set the tables at bed or u-shape height.

Storage under the 8' curbside and 4'-6" streetside couches are via seating surface / access covers (each 2' x 2'), from above. The leading edge of the couches is raked back from the feet by 3", for a cleaner line, and negating the need for a toe-kick or void beneath.

A new 12" x 28" side table with side-rolling tambour door is between the 8' couch and the original Dometic refrigerator bulkhead. This cabinet features a 22" full extension wine and liquor drawer, accessible from the forward lounge and kitchen alike. This was finished with a custom Corian Everest top, as the Glacial pattern has now been discontinued by the manufacturer. Work on this top was done remotely by the good people at Tarheel Solid Surface, which will run small jobs because of their work for the boating industry, where smaller pieces are commonplace.

Thanks for looking, and please let me know if anyone has questions / suggestions!

Image links here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eohGpRoQQqg2M3Vq5
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0349 (1).jpg
Views:	19
Size:	541.7 KB
ID:	426852  

Tags
1974, 1974 ambassador, 29', ambassador, mid-twin, rear bathroom