Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-24-2015, 04:15 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
North augusta , South Carolina
Which trailer to buy

This will be our 4th trailer, but our first Airstream. Our plan is to retire in 3-4 years and become full timers. Right now I love the 25 or 27 Flying Cloud, but am tore over twin or queen beds. My husband likes the 28 flying cloud. Must haves - a decent wardrobe for hanging jackets, etc and a pantry. Our current Jayco has both, big sell for me. Outside storage is an unknown. Right now we have a good amount, but also are hauling 3 dogs (including a Great Dane) so we can't put anything in the truck bed.
Would love to hear what has worked for others in this dilemma. Am also struggling to find either trailer within 250 miles so we can look and feel.
Thanks in advance
Medjrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Wow, that's a tall order. Our new 25 ft FC works great for us, but it's a vacation trailer as we use it selectively. We have rear twin beds, full awning package and importantly this model has a lot of outside storage & two hanging closets inside. Our truck bed halls the generator, camp chairs & a small amount of misc items.
I could not imagine full timing in this Airstream although some do. Personally, I would get at least a 30 ft for that, although the 28ft is very nice also. My 2 cents.
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:55 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Maitland , Florida
We're about to go full-time and choose the Classic with Twins. We don't have it yet and we've never owned an RV, so I can't speak from experience. On the Airstream site, the ad copy says "The Classic is designed for long-term adventurers or full-time living," so that's what we're going with! Although certainly there are many successful full-timers in a variety of other models.

Especially with 3 dogs, it seems you should consider a 30 footer. Twins have three outside storage areas as opposed to one with the queen. And twins have more floor space, something you'd need with dogs.
FreshAirStmr is offline   Reply With Quote