Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2016, 08:31 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Curtis Wright
San Marcos , Texas
Send a message via AIM to kevinkatz
Where to buy a 16' sport in Texas?

we are looking to buy a new or nearly new 16' sport in texas.
any suggestions of dealers that you have had success with in terms of service and pricing. would also look at a very clean used one. any ideas besides the classifieds or craigslist of where to find one would be appreciated.
kevinkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2014 22' FB Sport
San Antonio , Texas
We bought our 22 Sport at Camper Clinic II in Buda. Purchased in January. Got right at 12% or so off MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
https://www.airstream.com/dealer/

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Casa Grande , Arizona
I have a 2017 16' BAMBI Sport with Black Leatherette interior for sale. MINT condition; used 3 weekends (6 nights) since our purchase 8-9-2016. We have fallen in love with the AS Lifestyle and plan to spent significantly more time traveling. We are now looking for a Flying Cloud 25' to accommodate our lengthened travel times.

Our BAMBI is in MINT condition. We professionally added a 12V DC outlet under the Street Side dining bench for use while Boondocking.

Firm Price: $39,995.00 Contact: stumppyv@gmail.com

We are located in Albuquerque, NM.

Thank you.....
stumppyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
We have purchased from two dealers in Texas, Camper Clinic in Buda and Bayer in Dublin. Both dealers were professional and we felt like we got a good deal each time. We have settled on Bayer as our dealer of choice because of their integrity and service after the sale.

Albuquerque is very accessible from Texas if you like the offer from the previous poster. There are several nice campgrounds there and a great dealership if you want to stay a few days and get it checked out or anything.
silverlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 05:52 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkatz View Post
we are looking to buy a new or nearly new 16' sport in texas.
any suggestions of dealers that you have had success with in terms of service and pricing. would also look at a very clean used one. any ideas besides the classifieds or craigslist of where to find one would be appreciated.
Hi, Kevin. Dickinson and San Marcos? I'm up the road from the former in League City. My suggestion is to ask a lot of questions. The Holiday World at the SH 96 exit from the Gulf Freeway is small, but they might be able to give you suggestions or check on the inventory that they have in their much larger Katy store. RV shows are quite popular around here, and a lot of inventory ends up at those - Holiday World seems to emphasize sales through them (why I'm not sure - to me, it seems easier to stock a lot and sell off a lot versus towing a bunch of inventory to a convention center, but I guess maybe they get more foot traffic at shows). There's also PPL on the southwest side and they sometimes have "very motivated seller" listings with good prices, but I find their website to be straight out of the 1990's - inefficient to search. Good luck!
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:50 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Kingwood , Texas
My brother in law took his SOB travel trailer to Holiday World in Willis for some warranty work recently. While discussing the to do items, he mentioned his trailer tires were a little low on air. No problem said the Holiday World representative, we can check the tires and add air for only $55.

Needless to say we will be taking our own compressor when we pick it up next week!
extiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:19 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Where to buy a 16' sport in Texas?

Noted. That's flat out a customer service turn-off of the first magnitude!

I would be leaving rather abruptly without getting any other services and going somewhere else!
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote